State Championship Pre-season Predictions!!

Richland Springs and Guthrie are both in the east. It could well be the state game at the semi-final level and it could be exactly how you feel about the state game. But, it won't be the state game.

Calvert's speed has nailed them in the fourth quarter the last two or three years. RS spreadback will be a senior this year, so if they get past Calvert they will likely win it.

Blue Bird":1amraqx0 said:
Calvert's speed has nailed them in the fourth quarter the last two or three years. RS spread back will be a senior this year, so if they get past Calvert they will likely win it.

I agree completely! Not to mention Calvert's spread back is also returning as well as 4 total returning starters on both sides of the ball coming off a disappointing loss to a big Throck last season. Will be a VERY good state semifinal game in my opinion.

But lets not forget about Mount Calm who has a=made leaps and bounds in D2 in the last 2 years making a name for themselves. Now do they match up well with a Calvert or a Richland Springs? Maybe not speed use, but definitely physicality and coaching. So they should be a contender as well.

And Loraine will not be a speed bump this year and should give them all a run for their money in the playoffs. D2 is looking pretty hot this season!

Cohn from RS looked inpressive on defense at the Allstar game. So that will be a tough loss for them. However I have heard they have had some transfers and they look quite impressive, on top of the 8th graders they had moving up.

To the people picking Loraine to come out of the West in D2 I think Sands will give them a run for their money and have a great shot of beating them. Played a great game against each other last year!

You all are counting the crowell wildcats out. There already preparing for Borden county, and there mad. If you think they lost there players you need to come watch there practice, don't forget there the ones who got the stars for crowell prepared for everything, they practiced with them! The wildcats this year have everything they had last year, and more, a new kid to crowell looks like a real prospect coming from Brocks starting line up, he has real blocking power, Tristen hayes, quarterback living in Mitchell parsley's shadow, has an arm and crazy pinpoint accuracy. And the moves in the backfield too. Running back Daniel Clark is back too didn't play last year but started in crowell's 2013 playoff run! Those are just 3 of the stars crowell will have and does have... There prepared to come out and 45 point rule Borden county. Don't belive Me, just watch!

Maybe Crowell's football practice period was overlapping into the English period. Heck, from the looks of the previous post, maybe practice took up both periods.

6manfootball, I like your passion and loyalty. Very refreshing. Ignore "THERE" unnecessary criticism. :) You made a good point backed up with sound reasons to support your statement. And you made it without negativity or sarcasm. You should have been in the Fox News Presidential Debate. Good show.

No BE, not criticising, just poking a little fun. About the only spelling practice the kids get now is on "there" iphone! If they can spell the first couple of letters correctly, "they're" wonderful technology will fill in the rest right "their" on the screen.

Back