notre dame
brownwood
granburry

Tyler Street
Heath Fulton
Waco Parkview
McKinney Cornerston

Lifegate
Town East ( lost a couple but gained some decent athletes )
Fredricksburg
Castle Hills (supposedly super fast)

Brenham
Houston
Alvin
Conroe Cavalry

Reason i did top four is because others aren't going to playoffs...

FalconCoach":1j0jk345 said:
Our first tie breaker is point differential in district games. After that we coin flip.

I'd suggest that you have a point limit (18-21 points) for differential. That keeps some dirty blankety-blank from running up the score and acting all so sanctimonious saying, nothing personal, just so we have the points advantage at playoff seeding time.

We usually went with head to head meeting as first tie breaker. Three-way ties first look at records among the three teams; if they are all 1-1 (which is most common), then point diffferntial in those games is next -- if the three teams go 2-0, 1-1 and 0-2 against each other, you use that for seeding (if the second and third team remain tied and there is a playoff spot at risk, you then deal with that as a two way tie.

Chances are by now the tie is broken, but you can add another level -- point differential (with cap) in district games.

Then a coin flip. I just hate to have a coin flip get into the mix any earlier than it has to.

lifegatesports":2ucgbuur said:
FalconCoach":2ucgbuur said:
Our first tie breaker is point differential in district games. After that we coin flip.

I'd suggest that you have a point limit (18-21 points) for differential. That keeps some dirty blankety-blank from running up the score and acting all so sanctimonious saying, nothing personal, just so we have the points advantage at playoff seeding time.

We usually went with head to head meeting as first tie breaker. Three-way ties first look at records among the three teams; if they are all 1-1 (which is most common), then point diffferntial in those games is next -- if the three teams go 2-0, 1-1 and 0-2 against each other, you use that for seeding (if the second and third team remain tied and there is a playoff spot at risk, you then deal with that as a two way tie.

Chances are by now the tie is broken, but you can add another level -- point differential (with cap) in district games.

Then a coin flip. I just hate to have a coin flip get into the mix any earlier than it has to.

John, we do exactly as you mentioned in District 2. Head-to-Head, point differential in district games (28 point max), and then coin flip as a last resort. I left out head-to-head because in our case now, there are only 2 scenarios...2-0, 1-1, 0-2 or 1-1, 1-1, 1-1. Point differential (+28 max) and coin flip are the only real tiebreakers left.

The real bummer here is our district will have played itself out by week 8...Tyler Street, Parkview, and Fulton all finish their district schedule with 2 weeks remaining in the season.

sorry i don't know how i was thinking one thing and typed another....

i meant to ask...

top 4 in each district were going to go to playoffs... now that one district has three teams, how are they going to decide which 5th place team goes to playoffs.... I guess they could use the same system but it could be unfair to use record if one school didn't play as many games.... but i guess life isn't fair... haha

i know what division 1 did a couple years ago and picked a district to send an extra team not based on anything other then they were from that district

lifegatesports" What happened to Killeen Memorial Christian?[/quote said:
Got a fax from TAPPS stating they would not be competing in District 2 this year. From what I understand, they have low numbers and will be using homeschoolers, and 8th graders to round out a team.

I think it's more of an indication of how good Dallas Covenant is going to be this season, oppossed to Tyler Street having an off year. Tyler Street is solid, don't let the score fool you...I know I'm not.

I heard the playoff brackets would be different this year. If so, how many teams from each district will be able to go to the playoffs?

Say, District 4 for example...

Back