Stacked District 1

dsanders

11-man fan
It looks to me like District 1 is one of the toughest districts in Division II ball this year...3 of the 6 top teams in Division II come from District 1. EPJC, HCA, and CTK are all good teams. In fact, it looks like the two strongest districts (District 1 and District 2) will end up having to play each other in the first round of playoffs. Don't get me wrong, there are other great teams in the other districts...it's just that I feel that District 1 and 2 have more upper-ranked teams filling out their districts than any other two districts.

rankings mean very little. especially private school rankings. that is why we have playoffs. but i will say that there are some very good teams up north.

I might just get a chance to watch one of them play this weekend if things work out. Which game would be the best to go see in your opinion?

Christ the King vs Jesus Chapel will be a good game to watch.
Arlington Fellowship vs Brownwood Victory Life will also be a good game to watch. These two will be worth the price of admission.
Town East vs Freddy will decide the district championship this week, but Town East is picked to be 45'd which is probable.
Bellville Faith vs Brenham will probably decide the district championship this weekend also, but Bellville is in the same shape as Town East.

It will be a shame to see (potentially if it shapes out) either the District 1 Champ or the District 2 Champ ousted in the Regional round instead of the Semi's, but I see why TAPPS made the bracket out that way. Not to mention seeing the D1 or the D2 Runner Up out in the Bi District Round. Tyler Street (presumably the D2 RU, unless Christway falls apart against both Balch Springs and Fulton) or LCTK, AHC, or EPJC out in the 1st round seems like a bit of a travesity in the bottom of the bracket. But, Division II should boast a good playoff system this year. D1 and D2 are strong, but Freddy and SATE look pretty solid too. Can't overlook Brenham either. The semi's should have some great battles.

tepryde, I love how you always undersell and overdeliver your team. I think you have a better shot against Freddy than you think.

dsanders":1b63uv09 said:
Christ the King vs. El Paso Jesus Chapel should be a pretty close game...it will be played in Lubbock

There we go... if things work out well this will be my game of choice.

Now to find the cheapest fuel to drive out there.

dsanders":16p9vxjn said:
Christ the King vs. El Paso Jesus Chapel should be a pretty close game...it will be played in Lubbock

Falconcoach, I appreciate the kind words, but have you seen Freddy play this year? To me, they are in a league all their own in DII. I believe it will take a monumental upset for any team to beat them this year in the playoffs. I have been around sixman for awhile and I believe this is one of their better teams. We will go into this game trying our best to keep it close and if we can manage that, then anything can happen. We are awfully young this year, and I believe our better days are ahead of us. Good luck this year in the playoffs.

tepryde":153yf088 said:
Falconcoach, I appreciate the kind words, but have you seen Freddy play this year? To me, they are in a league all their own in DII. I believe it will take a monumental upset for any team to beat them this year in the playoffs. I have been around sixman for awhile and I believe this is one of their better teams. We will go into this game trying our best to keep it close and if we can manage that, then anything can happen. We are awfully young this year, and I believe our better days are ahead of us. Good luck this year in the playoffs.

Tepryde, I absolutely agree about Freddy. It will be a tough sled for anyone to beat them in Div II this year. A few teams have a good shot, but Freddy is the team to beat. While I have not seen either Town East or Freddy live this year (I have seen both of you on tape...which doesn't translate speed very well), I think you have a better chance than getting 45'd. Your team is well disciplined defensively from the tape I saw. Now, I may be wrong...I just think the spread is a little over stated.

Mrhbm":i08ai1hp said:
dsanders":i08ai1hp said:

Before you make your final plans, CTK is travelling to El Paso for this one. A bit further drive.

Back