Something ive always wondered

I played 6-man 5th -12th grades. I still enjoy a good six man game but have grown to really enjoy the 11 man game. I read some of the comments and wonder when some people last saw an 11 man game in person???? Most teams run the spread offense and the scores are often times as high as 6 man or higher. It has become a very wide open game.

smokeyjoe53":28omheq6 said:
Yeah......and the helmets were leather............ come to think of it my first helmet was leather.......really.......

Now I want to watch "Leather Heads" again. That was a funny movie.

oldfat&bald":yo1fj4u9 said:
Old Bearkat":yo1fj4u9 said:
Never played 6 man. GC was an 8 man school when I was in high school.

That's because you're an old fart.

Weren't the balls oval shaped rocks back then?

Nope, that was Smokey's era. We played with ones made from mesquite wood.....

smokeyjoe53":mhz9gujp said:
Post of the decade....... Good 'un Mom.......

Awe...thanks. I am actually working on my freelance writing career now that I just have one kid in highschool. The truth is easy to write. That being said...ya'll are all wrong on your predictions. I'm not sure what I can say to change ya'lls minds. There is always a dark-horse that will come along and blow everything up.

And
Edward Golden":mhz9gujp said:
I played 6-man 5th -12th grades. I still enjoy a good six man game but have grown to really enjoy the 11 man game. I read some of the comments and wonder when some people last saw an 11 man game in person???? Most teams run the spread offense and the scores are often times as high as 6 man or higher. It has become a very wide open game.

I think every kid needs to know the basics of 11 man football. Lets face it, we love our kids and we want them to be successful with everything they do and that includes sports. I have watched so many young men that were world class athletes graduate highschool and not receive any college opportunities and it is such a waste of talent. There is no such thing as six-man D1 college ball and while some have gotten there, even the NFL, there are not enough long term benefits to keep playing at a six-man school beyond the love of the game and the challenge of it all.

I played 11man pewee football from 1-5 grade, then played 6man football from 6-12 grade. Still considering becoming a coach after I graduate, I just have too much passion to leave the game of football.

OBK, that's exactly what I got out of RJ's post as well... but was afraid that I'd missed out on him moving.

I played 11-man football in 6th grade. I was a solid CB and a world class WR, but what 6th grade qb could throw the ball back in 1976? So I ended my career with zero catches.

granger":2r7u2h7x said:
OBK, that's exactly what I got out of RJ's post as well... but was afraid that I'd missed out on him moving.

I played 11-man football in 6th grade. I was a solid CB and a world class WR, but what 6th grade qb could throw the ball back in 1976? So I ended my career with zero catches.

Ha (for HPD), after my Jr Hi and freshman year career at nose tackle, LB, guard and tackle I caught a td pass in pe the next year. Caught a couple more in pick up games after hs.

granger":o3xpnlol said:

I haven't shot many hipsters in Silverton. Rumors of my marksman skills must have scared them all off. Either that or they got wise to my "Safe Space This Way" trap.

Back