Snap Shot #'s ???

Ropes growth from a few transfers and mostly refugees building in the district. Several new housing areas in the Ropesville area.

I'm Ol'Grizz and that's my opinion!
Col. 3:23 O[][][]O

I saw where someone put the average enrollment figure on the spreadsheet. The median number is important, too. I got 61.5. That means half the schools are above that and half are below. If geography doesn't matter, the D1 cutoff number could be higher than in the past.

CoachCates":19qxkgoc said:
I saw where someone put the average enrollment figure on the spreadsheet. The median number is important, too. I got 61.5. That means half the schools are above that and half are below. If geography doesn't matter, the D1 cutoff number could be higher than in the past.

This is making the assumption that the UIL will divide the two divisions evenly.....

If all six of the schools listed above go in as a DII school, I think the median number for the largest school in DII will be either 58 or 58.5. If it were to land on 59, there are at least 3 schools sitting on that number.

Do we know if any of these schools, regardless of snapshot #'s, will be fielding teams. I am aware of Higgins, but curious about Darrouzett and if there are any other schools with a similar scenario.

Also - does anyone know where Higgins will be consolidating? Will they go to Canadian or Follett. Both towns are within a mile distance of Higgins and that added enrollment for Follett could change things for the future of their programs.

Higgins: some kids will be going to Follett, and some will be going to Canadian. And I can’t remember the town in Oklahoma close to them, but I’ve heard some will go there too.

At the beginning of this year, Darrouzett was just starting a JH program. I’ve heard but I’m not 100% sure but they will be playing HS this year. Like I said I’m not 100% on that.

Coach Roach":8b59xs7r said:
Higgins: some kids will be going to Follett, and some will be going to Canadian. And I can’t remember the town in Oklahoma close to them, but I’ve heard some will go there too.

At the beginning of this year, Darrouzett was just starting a JH program. I’ve heard but I’m not 100% sure but they will be playing HS this year. Like I said I’m not 100% on that.

Thanks for the info Coach.

Back