Sleepers...

I think you got everyone on here except Blanket.
I didn’t not include them as they have not shown much in recent years. Could be wrong this year though maybe.
Edit……I don’t mean for that to sound disrespectful I just don’t think they can beat the first 3-4 I named.

Last edited:
What does Paint Creek bring back? Im very interested to see what Coach Waters does with them. He definitely got Benjamin going in the right direction.

I didn’t not include them as they have not shown much in recent years. Could be wrong this year though maybe.
Edit……I don’t mean for that to sound disrespectful I just don’t think they can beat the first 3-4 I named.
Not taken as disrespectful. It’s just opinions, but I do find it odd that you word it that way. In recent years Calvert and Oakwood are the only teams on your list that I would say have done consistently better.

I'm interested to see how Calvert does next year. I didn't get to see their junior high football team, but they did have some guys on the junior high basketball team that were pretty athletic. I saw their varsity play Oakwood and Corona is a darn good player, but I think they only had 7 boys on the team next year. If Hayes can get some pieces around him they could be a tough game for anyone.

Not taken as disrespectful. It’s just opinions, but I do find it odd that you word it that way. In recent years Calvert and Oakwood are the only teams on your list that I would say have done consistently better.
I could see that as being factual if your talking record wise. I found it odd I didn’t word it like this….I’m saying when I hear the name blanket I think of a W. just a j/k. I’m sure they have good kids and I fully expect blanket to win that district and make a playoff push. second place is a complete toss up to me.

I'm interested to see how Calvert does next year. I didn't get to see their junior high football team, but they did have some guys on the junior high basketball team that were pretty athletic. I saw their varsity play Oakwood and Corona is a darn good player, but I think they only had 7 boys on the team next year. If Hayes can get some pieces around him they could be a tough game for anyone.
I know Calvert has been so called down the past couple of year but that’s a misguided judgment if you ask me. Talent usually is overflowing. Just need someone to implement some discipline and execution into the system. Yes the corona kid is good I have not seen him in a year or two but I remember him as a freshman or sophomore maybe thinking this kid is gonna be a big problem. It just hasn’t materialized into what I thought.

I know Calvert has been so called down the past couple of year but that’s a misguided judgment if you ask me. Talent usually is overflowing. Just need someone to implement some discipline and execution into the system. Yes the corona kid is good I have not seen him in a year or two but I remember him as a freshman or sophomore maybe thinking this kid is gonna be a big problem. It just hasn’t materialized into what I thought.
He's as good as advertised. Take nothing away from Oakwood, those were some tough kids that got after it, but in watching that game it was pretty clear to me that he was the best player on the field. It's just really difficult to make deep runs without depth.

He's as good as advertised. Take nothing away from Oakwood, those were some tough kids that got after it, but in watching that game it was pretty clear to me that he was the best player on the field. It's just really difficult to make deep runs without depth.
Are you referring to Oakwood vs Calvert.?

Back