Sleepers...

I believe a sleeper will be Irion County. They are returning quite a few starters. They will have size, speed, and have playoff experience. They shouldn't have a problem with district now that Water Valley has moved up. So, my sleeper will be the Hornets.

I believe a sleeper will be Irion County. They are returning quite a few starters. They will have size, speed, and have playoff experience. They shouldn't have a problem with district now that Water Valley has moved up. So, my sleeper will be the Hornets.
If I'm not mistaken, I thought IC lost a bunch of seniors/starters from both football and basketball teams. Guess I am wrong???

D1 I’m going with Van Horn. I’m not sure what exactly they bring back. I was very impressed with what they accomplished last year.
D2 I’m going with Cherokee, Oglesby and groom. Could cause some headaches and upsets along the way.

Everyone knows that I’m probably asleep but here goes. I still think, my opinion, that D1 - District 8 is a tough district and the two out of that District could be around a while. Burkeville, down from 11-man, could be tough if they get a 6-man coach. Jonesboro is always tough. Union Hill has nearly everyone back. Some more I will guess on later. In D2, watch out for Coach Hantz and Throckmorton and their neighbor Newcastle should be decent. I’m going to leave the other D2 until the bidding wars are over. I will set down with Dave’s magazine and see who has what back and then finalize my guesses.

Everyone knows that I’m probably asleep but here goes. I still think, my opinion, that D1 - District 8 is a tough district and the two out of that District could be around a while. Burkeville, down from 11-man, could be tough if they get a 6-man coach. Jonesboro is always tough. Union Hill has nearly everyone back. Some more I will guess on later. In D2, watch out for Coach Hantz and Throckmorton and their neighbor Newcastle should be decent. I’m going to leave the other D2 until the bidding wars are over. I will set down with Dave’s magazine and see who has what back and then finalize my guesses.
Now I don’t mean to be argumentative but Lol you picked district 8 in D1 as a sleeper. With the team that just won state that brings pretty much everyone back plus a new coach’s kid. Yeah I’d say they could be around awhile. Olderfolk I think you still are asleep.

Now I don’t mean to be argumentative but Lol you picked district 8 in D1 as a sleeper. With the team that just won state that brings pretty much everyone back plus a new coach’s kid. Yeah I’d say they could be around awhile. Olderfolk I think you still are asleep.
You are right about Westbrook not being a sleeper. I also didn’t know about new Coach. Westbrook had better not sleep through that district or they will be in the stands watching with me. Ben Smith and Sammy Winters plus the other coaches in that district all want to represent that district like Westbrook did last year. I will try to keep at least one eye open when I make my guesses. Less than three months.

Oglesby is for sure a sleeper that jumps out at me. Dixon has those kids playing some hard football. In the past two years they have played Richland pretty close in a playoff game for a while, and beat Oakwood and Calvert. Three years ago no one would have expected that. He's got a pretty good sized kid moving up from junior high and his younger classmen are pretty salty. I'd expect them to make some noise for sure.

If Rotan And Paducah get good coaches this late in the process I can see them going on a run in the playoffs. Athletes all over the field with speed for both teams

If Rotan And Paducah get good coaches this late in the process I can see them going on a run in the playoffs. Athletes all over the field with speed for both teams
Paducah will be better off from athleticism alone, if they get a coach that they buy in, they will be very dangerous.
Rotan, losing Means to SE is going to hurt them a lot. They have good kids but I'd expect a dropoff.

Oglesby is for sure a sleeper that jumps out at me. Dixon has those kids playing some hard football. In the past two years they have played Richland pretty close in a playoff game for a while, and beat Oakwood and Calvert. Three years ago no one would have expected that. He's got a pretty good sized kid moving up from junior high and his younger classmen are pretty salty. I'd expect them to make some noise for sure.
When would Loraine and RS play in the playoffs? What other teams in the East can compete with these 2 teams?

When would Loraine and RS play in the playoffs? What other teams in the East can compete with these 2 teams?
Third round I believe.?.?. East jumping out at me would be Calvert, Oglesby, Oakwood Cherokee, Blackwell. Walnut springs has had some decent success recently. Fannindell was decent last year or was that the year before.?. Also Brontë but I don’t know anything about them.

Third round I believe.?.?. East jumping out at me would be Calvert, Oglesby, Oakwood Cherokee, Blackwell. Walnut springs has had some decent success recently. Fannindell was decent last year or was that the year before.?. Also Brontë but I don’t know anything about them.
I think you got everyone on here except Blanket.

Back