SLEEPERS

For those picking Jayton over Blackwell, how do you explain Blackwell's 57-8 beating of Lueders yet Lueders beat Jayton, didn't they? Just wondering what gives Jayton the edge...

In D1 McLean will win state and Strawn will win D2. I think Mclean will have it harder getting to the state championship than they will in the state championship.

How many state championship doesn't matter unless you are the Nazareth girls basketball team. They are all good teams but only one team in each division will win their last game.

smalltown":xppm9met said:
In D1 McLean will win state and Strawn will win D2. I think Mclean will have it harder getting to the state championship than they will in the state championship.
How... Milford’s beaten garden city the last two years...

I'm glad to see you believe in your team but you are wrong again this year. Milford has nothing for Mclean. I'm not going to argue with you about it. I think I'm like most people on here that are tired of hearing about Milford. Good luck to y'all.

MilfordInsider":3c4uz6hg said:
smalltown":3c4uz6hg said:
How... Milford’s beaten garden city the last two years...

MilfordInsider.. I haven't kept up with Milford much, but what happened against Strawn? You are talking about how they will take down Mclean, but they lost to the same team McLean beat by 33.

Because Milford scores a lot.. and quickly... which means there Defense is on the field More...
They let Avalon score because they are trying to break the school record.

th
MilfordInsider":1ylm9pro said:
#11, #4, #1 ... there will be a couple players looking to land big time shots and do damage. These Milford boys can HIT!!
I was at the Jayton Classic for that three day event at the start of the season, went to Bryson when White Deer played UH and have seen a different Sixman team play ever Friday night around the Great State of Texas this year. I drove down to see your boys play Coolidge. I really think you need to get out and watch some other teams play before you decide to order your State Championship Ring. Your boys maybe fair but they haven't beat anybody that stands out among the Giants of Sixman football. If your boys do make it up too AT&T this year. I hope they enjoy watching the games and the tickets aren't that expensive. Now you can go ahead and respond cause hot air is free in Texas. I will be LMAO and enjoying a cool grownup refreshment waiting on your response . Happy Thanksgiving and I'll be at AT&T December 19th thru 22nd watching the best teams in TEXAS play football and of course Milford want be one of them.

I don’t care what anybody says, it will take a “Miracle” type effort to beat McLean. I’m not a fan but that team is loaded! I have been watching all the highlights of the top teams and I haven’t seen anyone who matches their speed and size to boot! Wow! All I can say is you better knuckle up and bring a sack lunch if you want to beat them.

McLean hasn’t seen a player that’s even close to Ta’Ron. McLean will try to run the ball down Milford’s throat... every team tries that against Milford. McLean May have speed but it’s nothing like Milford’s, half of these boys run in Austin every year and they won a regional track title. And I don’t wanna hear “Track speed doesn’t equal football speed” BS, because with Milford it does. Milford has some big ole boys! If McLean wants to bang bodies with Milford for 4 quarters and then try to run with them when Milford has the ball then be my guest, it won’t work. Who even says McLean gets to state... I’m sure Garden City And Balmorhea will give McLean everything they can handle. Last I said, Milford is battle tested, McLean has been tested once.

MilfordInsider":227chsoa said:
McLean hasn’t seen a player that’s even close to Ta’Ron. McLean will try to run the ball down Milford’s throat... every team tries that against Milford. McLean May have speed but it’s nothing like Milford’s, half of these boys run in Austin every year and they won a regional track title. And I don’t wanna hear “Track speed doesn’t equal football speed” BS, because with Milford it does. Milford has some big ole boys! If McLean wants to bang bodies with Milford for 4 quarters and then try to run with them when Milford has the ball then be my guest, it won’t work. Who even says McLean gets to state... I’m sure Garden City And Balmorhea will give McLean everything they can handle. Last I said, Milford is battle tested, McLean has been tested once.

Yeah. I mean, McLean bear Balmoreah by 45 at half and never let them score, but I’m sure they’ll really test em. Honestly, I hope y’all have a good season for your boys sake. I sincerely hope everyone is in this for the kids and not to stroke their own egos. Good luck everyone left.

If your betting on the legendary Vance Jones to be shut out to the same team twice in one season you know nothing about 6 man football. I fully expect McLean and Balmorhea to go 4 full quarters and I even expect it to be competitive in the 4th quater...
My own ego? Lol ok.
Roll Dawgs, One Pack One Goal

MilfordInsider":31jl8o6m said:

From all your post I have read it seems like you really have faith in your team and that is good. But just let me tell you this, Milford does have a talented team but from what I have seen in the past they never win the big game. You talk like Milford has been winning state rings these last couple of years. Milford always seems to lose the big game, for instance last year they could not beat strawn and the year before that they could not beat Richland, and the one before that Abbott beat them. They just haven't proved themselves when it matters. Maybe they get over that slump this year and maybe not. Though I just don't see them beating Mclean. Mclean been batte tested all season beating strawn, balmorhea, and whitedeer. I'm sure they can handle Milford.

I hope Milford and McLean make it to the State Championship because, “That’s why they play the game!” As for Garden City, I’m seriously starting to wonder if they will get past Borden County now that BC is healthy. That game will be phenomenal this weekend! I wish I could go see it or even listen to it on the radio! That rivalry is starting to become an annual thing. Kind of like Lee and Permian! I appreciate the talent on all these teams. Anyone who makes it this far has had a good to great season. However, I stick with my original assertion until proven wrong. The footage of the teams I have seen, including Milford, has not impressed me as much as McLean. That team doesn’t just have one star on offense. They have several. It seems like they score at will from multiple players and quickly. Their defense is in your face from the first whistle and they get to their assignments in a hurry. And as we all know in the six man football world SPEED KILLS! By the way, I am a Grady alumnus from the 80s. So I’ve seen a few great teams in my time here on Earth. Some that would come to mind would be the Jayton and Highland teams of the 80s and the Fort Hancock teams of the 90s.

Everyone is a huge supporter of their team and seems as though nothing will deter that loyalty. In all athletic contest there are so many things that can go wrong and even the best of the best can’t overcome. Equating wins and losses to injuries or comparison to mutual teams provides a false equation to to the supposeded or desired outcome. In football it’s extremely hard tonrn the season healthy. Teams who’ve advanced this far are there because they’ve had talent,coaching and yes luck. Soft schedules can be misleading winning against teams by half or competitive schedules going the distance to win is a better predictor, it’s quitr evident that building for 4 years is a plus and it also has its negatives. Just how many really competitive games have they PLAYED THIS YEAR. How injury free have they been? How many were competitive with injuries? It doesn’t make any difference how you compare them. It’s still up to the kids who play and coaches who coach thstbwill determine the outcome. But remember one thing having the talent doesn’t always mean you’re going to win. Best of luck to the teams who are here today and those who will move on.

Back