SLEEPERS

If y’all think it’s going to be a cake walk for Strawn and McLean to the state championship you might want to look again. My picks for the sleepers to come up is Borden County, since the lose to Strawn they seemed to pick up steam and are rolling I look to see them playing McLean down the road. And in D2 we all know Richland has also figured something out and if I’m rite will end the game against Calvert early and I plan to see them play Strawn down the road. Not saying iradell is not going to give strawn A good game but everyone knows iradell is a good team so can’t be called a “sleeper” how good? We don’t know the verdict is still out.

I agree, I don’t think a lot of folk realize BC had their 3 best starters hurt during the first half of the white deer game when BC went in to the half up by 2, then all three were out for the strawn game. Right now they are on a roll. If they come in and handle GC this week, then I bet it’s Mclean and BC in the semis and I bet BC makes Mclean work for it

These have been my thoughts on Borden County also. They've been under the radar, so to speak, picking off their opponents one by one. Garden City's last 2 games (Sterling City & Rankin) were predicted to win by 45 according the spreads section. Not only did GC not 45 their last 2 opponents, the Sterling game was close all 4 qts., and Rankin was close until late 3rd when GC started to pull away. Both games went 4 full qtrs. GC will need to shore up their pass defense or they will be BC's next victim.

I think motley co vs blackwell in the semifinals in the west. I think if motley co takes care of anton n plays like they can and score like they have been. Yeah the defense might allow points but when the defense needs a stop or two they come up. Just like vs groom. On grooms first drive motley co stop them on 4 and 2 on the grooms 2 yard line. N then motley co defense made them make throw the ball before they was ready. So I'm picking motley co to win the west

Bulldogs82":3dgakn6l said:
I agree, I don’t think a lot of folk realize BC had their 3 best starters hurt during the first half of the white deer game when BC went in to the half up by 2, then all three were out for the strawn game. Right now they are on a roll. If they come in and handle GC this week, then I bet it’s Mclean and BC in the semis and I bet BC makes Mclean work for it
Strawn played Borden County the week before Borden played White Deer. That being said, we know injuries certainly impact team play and results. Borden County seems to be playing very well lately and hope to see a highly competitive games with Garden City.

Sixmanfanatic1980":10righpy said:
And in D2 we all know Richland has also figured something out and if I’m rite will end the game against Calvert early and I plan to see them play Strawn down the road.

Like I posted toward the first of the season, RS will be mentioned as the playoffs come about. Even with an extremely young team, they are getting pretty salty, and will make some noise! I saw a Freshman that reminded me a lot of Jared Hicks as a Sophomore. (There is a Jr. High kid who is a remarkable resemblance to Tyler Ethridge) The Coyotes have a great coaching staff and should be a power for years to come!

6manfootball2213":2kxxybqy said:
I think motley co vs blackwell in the semifinals in the west. I think if motley co takes care of anton n plays like they can and score like they have been. Yeah the defense might allow points but when the defense needs a stop or two they come up. Just like vs groom. On grooms first drive motley co stop them on 4 and 2 on the grooms 2 yard line. N then motley co defense made them make throw the ball before they was ready. So I'm picking motley co to win the west
I will disagree with you and say Follett or Blackwell will come out of the west. I know you’re MC’s biggest fan which is awesome, but don’t let your bias blind you. If MC does somehow someway come out of the West, I’ll be extremely surprised, but won’t mind eating crow. I just like Follett’s and Blackwell’s experience to get either one over MC. But I predict you guys beat Anton this week.

Your right texlonghorn, bc played strawn the week before I got that backwards, but that’s where two of the 3 injuries occurred was against strawn then they tried to play the next game against white deer where coach richey kept them out after the first half. But BC is picking up momentum, they don’t have guys like Proulx and Trace but they can definitely be a force to be reckon with. Switching gears I think Balmorhea will handle ropes but I think that train stops in the third round. Balmorhea has had any success against the lead horses in D1 .

I see Blackwell winning the West, while MC and Jayton are solid teams that will give them a run, Blackwell has a lot of talent... that being said, Balmorhea is a true sleeper team! How bout that stinging loss they handed SC last week!

I hope all that can will go see McLean play this Saturday in Locney? Then post how they compare to other teams you have “SEEN” play.

Thanks

6manfootball2213":3ebvzm42 said:
Ok then tell me how follett only beat valley 38 to 30 and we beat valley by 28. And blackwell hasn't played anyone. I say Jayton beats them this week.
Sometimes that logic isn’t always right. Follett did beat Groom by a bigger margin than what MC did. But that example could be used throughout the year and be proved wrong. Many factors go into a games outcome.
Also, Jayton was one of my sleepers so I wouldn’t be surprised. Wouldn’t bother me anyway.
Both Follett and MC still have games to play this week before we get to next week anyway. Anything can happen. They can both be beat, although I think Follett gives Whitharral their first loss and MC wins by 20+

My sleepers are...

D1 West: Borden County, Balmorhea, Ira a possibility..
D1 East: Union Hill, Leakey
D2 West: Whitharral, MC, Jayton
D2 East: Iredell, Blanket, Richland Springs

I don't want to get into depth with each team. But i think all of those are playing good football right now and can make some runs in their Region. I will say, Union Hill & Iredell are listed for me because we all kind of automatically assume Milford & Strawn will rep the East. But these 2 teams are the ones who pose the biggest threats at stopping them imo.

The west is very intriguing in both divisions in my opinion. Follett, Jayton, Borden County and Balmorhea all have several years experience going for them in the playoffs. I do think that matters but I still think McLean will represent the west in Div 1. They are a very talented squad and I think they will see Milford out of the East.
In Div 2, I think Jayton surprises Blackwell with a late score and both Motley County and Follett advance. I think Follett will get by Motley County but then loses to Jayton. In the final Jayton will probably run into Strawn.

So I see both Div as this
State Title game Div 1 - McLean vs Milford
State Title game Div 2 - Jayton vs Strawn

just my two cents....

Back