Sixman trivia

or three. For some reason I suspect it is someone who is newer, mainly because the playoffs have expanded in the recent years. Knowing the author, gonna say Vance Jones for winning most and MTBar for not winning any. Just WAG as someone said.

One more and I will stop, I know of at least two coaches that have won State Titles at two schools has any won at three or more different schools?

MTBar - just state championships at six-man schools? Alan Luker was coaching at 2 diffent teams that one State Titles, Panther Creek and Stephenville...not sure if he has another somewhere else

Back to your original 2 part question...I'm goignt to guess:

Most Playoff Wins: Danny Medina
Most without a State Title: Karry Owens or Billy Barnett

Medina, maybe, But the question was the most playoff appearances without a win, or at least as I read it. Barnett, probably without a state title, but without a win, that is tough. Going with my guesses. Since I am such an admirer of both guys.

When did Knox Pittard play for Mozzell? I played against Mozell in the early 70s; in my sixth grade year they had a tall eighth grader, a cowboy, who played a dandy style of roundball. He was very athletic. Wish I knew his name.

BE":1splbdch said:
When did Knox Pittard play for Mozzell? I played against Mozell in the early 70s; in my sixth grade year they had a tall eighth grader, a cowboy, who played a dandy style of roundball. He was very athletic. Wish I knew his name.

In the early 1960's. Like 60-63 maybe. I know he was the major part of a regional championship then.

Ok...time to give hints and answer some of the questions I have asked that no one seems to know the answer s to:

Answer: In Underwood's book the team photos that are labeled as the school's football team for that season, but are in fact the wrong team photo (incorrect team photo for the year(s) listed) are...The Christoval team photos for 1990 and 1991...the team photo labeled as the 1990 team is really the 1989 Christoval team and the team photo labeled as the 1991 Christoval team is really the 1990 Christoval team...this same mistake may have been made for the 1981 Whitharral team photo with the photo in the book really being the photo of the 1980 Whitharral team, but I am not 100% sure on that one.

What year was the first All-Star Game?:
Hint...sort of...I will tell you that the 1955 Coaching School was held in Beaumont, TX on August 10-12, with the All-Star Basketball game played on Thursday night (11th), and Football game Friday night (12th)...and the Executive Secretary for the Association was E. A. Works...this was not the first...

I've seen articles about 6 man coaches meetings/clinics held in Big Spring in the late 1940's that had demonstration games on the last evening.

A new trivia question for those who want to spend some time on google!

Q: What former NFL player (halfback and fullback) who later became an NFL assistant coach (for 31 years), played six-man football in high school? Hint...he went to high school in Arkansas.

What County in Texas has had professional football players from all 3 of its schools including 2 sixman schools? For extra bragging rights name the 3 players from each of the 3 schools.

I think the 2 schools in Throckmorton County also claim having NFL players...

and I think all 5 current schools in Eastland Co. sported an NFL player...

I'm not to sure on these...for sure they were born in those towns...not 100% on High School's they attended...

Back