Six-Man or 1A

I have to agree with both Leman and CT6MFL on this. It should be 1A and 16 districts with 8 teams, some will have to have more with 137 teams playing. I believe that's the number now, no D1 or D2,,,,but there is another reason for my reply although I realize it is rather late. That being for recruiting purposes. I think with colleges recruiting more (athletes) it opens a door for kids that played six-man to have a better opportunity to play college ball. Not to say that it hasn't happened in the past but being labeled as 6man made it harder for colleges to take a look. An athlete is an athlete regardless of classification!!

K sixman vs 1a football. You do have some rather large teams that I feel like should play 11 man it would be different if one year they had several players then the next year only a few but year after year! then again when basketball comes around your all 1a.

tobyvann":2mw475mp said:
K sixman vs 1a football. You do have some rather large teams that I feel like should play 11 man it would be different if one year they had several players then the next year only a few but year after year! then again when basketball comes around your all 1a.
Most of those teams have a lot of players because they are winning. If they were to play crowded field, and not do well, team size would quickly dwindle.

Back