Six-Man or 1A

No need to take it to heart dude, its just an opinion. I just feel like since all the other classifications take 3 that we should also. Have they done a poll by the coaches to vote for this matter?

They could always cut the season a week short to accommodate the 3rd team or extend. I mean we do play at cowboy stadium like the other teams we are now classified as 1A not six man any more and we usually play are state game a week earlier than the 11-man schools so it would be the same as any other school in this great state.

Plus an extra week of football wouldn't bother me any. I'm not a big fan of round ball like most people perceive people from my town to be.

Leman, shirley you jest. The world of 6-man is unique to football. It's not 11 man or soccer.
The UI of L can label it what they want. Speed kills. 300 # linemen are generally useless.
"Average" kid's get a chance to excel.
It's SIXMAN.
God Bless Stephen Epler.

Swartz your opinion counts and should not be replied like that. Everyone may think I'm a wild woman but this is what happens to me by two posters. If you don't think the way they do or they feel they found someone to pick on then their radars go up. Don't worry about people like these. No one on here except Bearkat, Leman and Free Agent are the main ones to listen too. They don't attack they explain kindly. PS Guru Granger.

MelaniB":8vhn7vc0 said:
Swartz your opinion counts and should not be replied like that. Everyone may think I'm a wild woman but this is what happens to me by two posters. If you don't think the way they do or they feel they found someone to pick on then their radars go up. Don't worry about people like these. No one on here except Bearkat, Leman and Free Agent are the main ones to listen too. They don't attack they explain kindly. PS Guru Granger.

Its no biggie I don't worry about it. I just get on here to try talk about sixman football and that's it! However though I still believe since the other classifications take three or more to the playoffs, why can't we? Some may think there is a big gap between 1 and 3 talent wise, but you never know what will happen on a Friday night?

That suits me. 3 are too many. Look at how many teams get 45d each week. Too many 3rd place teams get annihilated during the playoffs. Just another way for the UIL to make more money by having more teams in the playoffs.

Cliff Gilmore was right when he spoke about this at the 2013 coaching school. 5a would get the blame. When is actuality it was the 6 man community who brought it up. We wanted equal representation in all areas of UIL without being separate. If you will look at the Dl, Dll split. You will see that this format is advancing up the classifications. If you want one so called "real champion" then play champion vs champion like they use to do in basketball.

Schwarzenegger":2fq8vcwj said:
No need to take it to heart dude, its just an opinion. I just feel like since all the other classifications take 3 that we should also. Have they done a poll by the coaches to vote for this matter?

MelaniB":2fq8vcwj said:

MelaniB, Swartz's opinion counts, counts as much as anybodies. Even your opinion counts. On the other hand if anyone expresses an opinion on this forum it will be either agreed with, challenged or dismissed … It seems every time someone takes a side other than the one you agree with or support they are bullies, look down on females, misguided fools or should be ignored.

I did not reply to Swartz in an fashion out of the norm. It was not disrespectful or harsh. It was just to the point and expressed my feelings and slant on the matter.

Mr. Swartz gave a response to my post in a straight forward and respectful manner. Don't think he needs your help. In fact I know he doesn't need your help.

This three team playoff format makes about as much sense as what is going on in the NCAA right now in the football non-conference schedules and what has been going on these schedules for a few years. The same kind of travesty driven by
$$$$.$$.

Every year we have 2 or 3 second place teams advancing in the playoffs...at least one round. Strawn was a second place finisher the last time that they won state. Those two items are enough to argue that we should have two out of every district advancing into the playoffs. It may not be a good arguement, but it is an arguement. Having 3 teams advance would involve byes in the playoffs. Byes can be the kiss of death for pretty good teams trying to maintain momentem. To avoid byes a lot of our districts have only four teams per district. So some are suggesting we should take 3/4s of the teams in the state to the playoffs? Not a good idea. Most first round playoff games are already lopsided affairs. It would be worse and last two rounds in the playoffs if we took 3 teams to the playoffs. With two divisions almost 1/2 of the UIL teams are in the playoffs as it is.

I'm not trying to persuade anybody, just stating what I think. 1's against 1's. No 1 vs. 3 or 1 vs 2 or byes. Just play, crown the various division champions.
I don't care what classification you're talking about, allowing a 1 win team in is ridiculous and cheapens the process.

Welp this threads been hijacked...but at least it's been hijacked by an equally good topic...

If you want to be seen as equal or on the same level as all other classifications then 1A is the descriptor you should want...but if you like the unique identity that the six-man game has of it's self, then six-man is the one to go with...I'm curious to what side people who know and love the game would push for...

To me the people who love for and push for the state game to be played at Cowboy Stadium should want the 1A title...as both are seeking the same thing I feel...equality of the classes and six-man being treated the same as all other classes of football (11-man classes)...if you want the six-man label then I think you should want the state game played at the neutral site as it use to be. Just my thoughts on it all...

3 team in the playoffs is a very bad idea for six-man (1A)...and my senior year I was a part of a three way tie for 1st place and we stayed home...and I still think it's a horrible idea...but I also think 4 team districts are bad...just get about 10-14 more schools to play six-man and the problem is solved

Leman, quit being so dang sensible. If it's called 1A-SIXMAN that defeats the purpose of 1A. SIXMAN is what it is, some deride it, some ignore it, some say Huh? 1A has some saying, huh, it's what man?, is that football?
JMO
SIXMAN at jerryworld is about the only reason I'd care to go back.

Personally I like the top two from each district. Maybe now that most districts have just four teams the district winner makes sense, but there are still a few districts that have six teams and a number that have five so the top two works for me. Besides, we all know that the UIL will NOT go back to just one so here's hoping we can keep it to just the top two.

Personally Id like to get rid of the D1 and D2, go back to 8 team districs, then you can take the top 2. Weed out the weak early (better luck next year). Let only the strong survive.

It use to mean something when you got that golden football, now they are kind of like opinions, everyone has one.

I like 1 and 2, Strawn is a excellent example. #2 could have had a couple of guys hurt for district making a huge difference in 6 Man.....just sayin

Back