Six Man Football on The Maven Report

The22ndTrojan

11-man fan
All,

As an introduction, my name is Ahmad Jenkins. I come from a long line of Jenkins men and women who attended Trinidad High School. I played six man football under Coach Kevin Ray in high school, then followed in my older brothers' footsteps as I went on to play college ball at Baylor University under Coach Art Briles (before it's asked, yes I know RGIII very well).

I recently started a podcast show called The Maven Report which covers topics in entertainment, business, sports, and politics. Other co-hosts on the show also played six man football at Trinidad. The show has grown exponentially as we have only been out a few weeks and still have over 20,000 views in 5 countries. In the coming weeks, we have episodes airing with interviews from former and current NFL players, actors, musicians, and so forth but six man football is where I want to go.

I'm writing because we want to expose a new audience to six man football, the sport we love. Most of our listeners come from the Lone Star State, so we would love to interview six man football coaches, players, etc. and see if we can engage the audience. Everyone that gets introduced to the game can't help but love it! I'd like to gather your feedback on whether this is something that would interest the six man community.

The show's parent company is Posterus Innovation. You can listen at PosterusLLC.com and let me know if this is a fit for six man.

Regards,

Ahmad Jenkins

FYI, everyone asks about Maven & Posterus. Maven means "one with knowledge" and Posterus means "future".

I'm not too sure. Not many of the boys were able to witness a six man game due to scheduling conflicts. Heck, we didn't even get to go home for Thanksgiving half the time because we always had a game that Saturday and had to be at the hotel Friday morning.

I'll tell you this though, some of them did make time to see a game or two and they loved it! Everyone in the locker room including Rob asked me about six man, how it works, is it really that exciting, etc. I was the strongest skill guy on the team so they used to say I had that country "six man" strength (haha).

-Ahmad

Back