Single Game Best Performances

Grady Achilles, Bracken Christian
360 rush yds, 5 TD, 12-16 pass, 134 yds,
2 pass TD, 2 KO ret for TD, 11 tck
Dave Cambell 2009 week 0 player of the week he totaled for 740 yds of offense against Austin Hill Country and we lost!

These are great example that have been given and I thank each of you. Help me out. I am starving for more defensive stats. Interceptions and tackles and the such. I know I know there is no defense in Six-Man. BS!!!! Hit me with your best shot.

Don Hardin
Abilene

Hey, Oneday and Don Hardin, my fellow teammate and defensive back at Strawn intercepted three passes in our Bi-Distric game against Iredell in 1969, Michael( the Flash) Lloyd. And he did it with a lot of style. It is noted on Lone Star football. He claimed to be a big game player. Maybe a statue is in order.

I remember Jason Vogel for RS back in the early '90s against Oglesby. Wish I had the stats verified but in one half Jason accounted for at least 800 yds returning, passing and rushing. Waco paper may have stats but I can't remember the exact year.

10-05-2012 Cleburne Christian Academy vs. Granbury Cornerstone (89-77):

CCA: Aaron Midkiff: Passing: 11-18 104 yds 2 tds; Rushing: 24 - 342 yds 10 tds

Granbury: Brendon Brawley: 11-24 237 yds 5 tds; Rushing: 16 - 263 yds 4 tds

3 INTs in a game is good...very good...

Vogel at RS...if you knew the year maybe I could find it out...San Saba or Brownwood papers might have written something about it...

There should be alot of high numbers of great performances. For example ,when you got teams like GrandFalls Royality playing low ranked teams, Borden Co. playing low ranked teams , there will be alot. Seems like 50 % of all 6 man games end in 45 point rule. Some teams are horrible in football ( Sands ), but great in Basketball ( Sands ). From what i heard klondike is horrible in basketball, but beat the pants this year off of Sands in football. Its good to see schools that dont excel in football do well in other sporting events.

It is actually harder for someone to put up big numbers in a game that ends by the 45 point rule...example...2005 district game Throckmorton v Megargel 94-0...Throckmorton only ran 8 offensive plays and scored on every one, I am willing to bet Throckmorton had about 100 yards of total offense as a team.

Interesting that Sands is mentioned as being "horrible" in football. If I am not mistaken, this is the first year Klondike has beaten them in a long time, and Sands has been a consistent playoff team over the past 10-15 years. This year was a down year for them, but historically they have been much better than Klondike, so I am confused as to the characterization of them as "horrible".

I was witness to Dewayne Miles rushing for over 400 yards and scoring 9 touchdowns in the 95 state championship game. As far as single game game goes, it would be difficult to find someone who was more dominant in a game than he was that night. But now that I think of it, I think that those numbers were just about his average for the 5 playoff games that year. It seems he was able to put up huge numbers like that on anyone.

FootballFan7":11d4ia8r said:
Interesting that Sands is mentioned as being "horrible" in football. If I am not mistaken, this is the first year Klondike has beaten them in a long time, and Sands has been a consistent playoff team over the past 10-15 years. This year was a down year for them, but historically they have been much better than Klondike, so I am confused as to the characterization of them as "horrible".
We don't actually pay attention to what that feller has to say. At least he just said they we're horrible. Most of his attacks calls for public lynchings.

Oneday,

I am trying to recall some of this from when I was a Junior in high school so my memory may be a little skewed, but I seem to remember the round figure of 420 yards coming from Coach Shely. That seems to stick with me more than the other numbers that have been reported. Like I said, this is recalling information from 17+ years ago so it may be a little off. But having been part of that team, I feel like I am pretty accurate with that number. I do see your problem with gathering stats. In my experience now as a coach, I have come to find that the two teams playing against each other in a game wont even have the same stats for that game. Stats just comes down to who you will believe as being more precise in their stat keeping and, in many cases, simply which stats were reported.

If Sands lost to klondike , that is horrible. From what i was told klondike played most of their jv too. Sands kids are far more athletic , So yes, "horrible". I'm still mad because i owed my brother in law a cheeseburger, because i lost that game. Guess that was klondikes single game best performance.

Klondike was pretty good this year. Got film on them and Grady, and they should of beat Grady this year as well. 40-32, and as far as sands goes it was a pretty dominating game for Klondike. Just give credit where it is due, all teams get streaks where they are better then in year's past.

Klondike was actually pretty good this year. Very well coached. I wasnt saying anything negative about Klondike, I figured they would beat Grady also. Was surprised when they didnt. I will be surprised if they dont next year. I think athletically, Sands matches up against most schools in that area. I believe the big difference is how they spend the time between seasons. Klondike, Grady, BC, etc. all really push track and competing and getting mentally and physically tougher year round. When you put two kids of equal or close to equal athletic abilities facing each other, I will take the one that worked his tail off in the weight room and on the track any day over the one that sat around or maybe played golf as a spring sport. But again, to use the word "horrible" didnt seem to really fit Sands.

Back