Shale playground in W. Texas (may dwarf S Tex Eagle Ford)

oldfat&bald":alti5dex said:
Old Bearkat":alti5dex said:
The market always correct high prices if the governments leave it alone.

Natrual gas was expensive also until the Barret and other gas shales started producing. Now all the new gas is oil production by-product.

I've read they're flaring off millions of dollars worth of natural gas in the Dakotas because they don't have any pipelines to catch it and it isn't worth enough right now to build the pipelines.

Yep, and the EPA is all over them, trying to shut down oil production there by using the flaring issue.

Old Bearkat":15onceaw said:
oldfat&bald":15onceaw said:
Old Bearkat":15onceaw said:
The market always correct high prices if the governments leave it alone.

Natrual gas was expensive also until the Barret and other gas shales started producing. Now all the new gas is oil production by-product.

I've read they're flaring off millions of dollars worth of natural gas in the Dakotas because they don't have any pipelines to catch it and it isn't worth enough right now to build the pipelines.

Yep, and the EPA is all over them, trying to shut down oil production there by using the flaring issue.

Why do radical environmentalists do everything they can to kill energy production and complain about the price of gas?

oldfat&bald":f94wswpr said:
Why do radical environmentalists do everything they can to kill energy production and complain about the price of gas?

Because they can. All those know-it-all bureaucrats and tenured college profs know what's best for the little people.

They want us to go all electric. (with no thought where most of that comes from) Can you imagine pulling a trailor load of cows with an electric pickup? Might get two miles!

The cost for progress always has price. With the water shortage in West Texas, probably won't be long before a barrel of water may be worth more than a barrel of oil. How many of us ever thought we'd be buying water in a plastic bottle? Wish I would have thought that a long time ago and invested in it.

Blue Bird":11i3x2v1 said:
They want us to go all electric. (with no thought where most of that comes from) Can you imagine pulling a trailor load of cows with an electric pickup? Might get two miles!

Why you barbarian!!

Don't you know that killing cows to eat them is also not politically correct for us little folk? Once our betters ahve full control, you will no longer need to pull that trailer. All you will need is a hoe and shovel to work your little 5 acre plot like a good peasant.

Old Bearkat":2v4w99eb said:
Blue Bird":2v4w99eb said:

Why you barbarian!!

Don't you know that killing cows to eat them is also not politically correct for us little folk? Once our betters ahve full control, you will no longer need to pull that trailer. All you will need is a hoe and shovel to work your little 5 acre plot like a good peasant.
Are you kidding me? Monsanto would never allow you to grow your own veggies.

Monsanto will be more than happy to let you grow your own food...just as long as you plant Barry-approved, Monsanto-created, genetically-modified seed.

rainjacktx":2px86u4c said:
Monsanto will be more than happy to let you grow your own food...just as long as you plant Barry-approved, Monsanto-created, genetically-modified seed.

That they own the patents on. Heaven forbid you save any seed to plant next year, their lawyers will be all over you, and your neighbors too, because the pollen from the gen-mod seeds you planted might waft over and fertilize non-patented plants next door.

Old Bearkat":3kvjp68x said:
and your neighbors too, because the pollen from the gen-mod seeds you planted might waft over and fertilize non-patented plants next door.

I can understand how Monsanto can force the guy that bought their seed not to catch their seed. I still don't understand the legality and morality of forcing the neighbor that planted conventional cotton to not catch his. He entered into no contract with Monsanto. Monsanto should have to pay him a premium for his seed at the very least.

oldfat&bald":39pfn8e0 said:
Old Bearkat":39pfn8e0 said:
and your neighbors too, because the pollen from the gen-mod seeds you planted might waft over and fertilize non-patented plants next door.

I can understand how Monsanto can force the guy that bought their seed not to catch their seed. I still don't understand the legality and morality of forcing the neighbor that planted conventional cotton to not catch his. He entered into no contract with Monsanto. Monsanto should have to pay him a premium for his seed at the very least.

They legally cannot enforce this, but the threat of legal action and the huge costs of hiring lawyers to makes a lot of farmers give in. Monsanto hires goons to tresspass on farms neighboring farmers who use their gen mod seeds to take samples to determine if some of their plants have been fertilized by patented plants.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely NO beefs with genetically modified plants, just Monsantos tactics on "enforcing" their patents.

Old Bearkat":8khsoyhe said:
Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely NO beefs with genetically modified plants, just Monsantos tactics on "enforcing" their patents.

Same here. Too many people want to kill modern agriculture. And the way Monsanto acts gives them plenty of ammo to fire in their attempt to do so.

oldfat&bald":3du65226 said:
Old Bearkat":3du65226 said:

Same here. Too many people want to kill modern agriculture. And the way Monsanto acts gives them plenty of ammo to fire in their attempt to do so.

Between them, the antics of Monsanto and ADM are giving agribiz a black eye. They are both run by either lawyers or money men who look strictly to the short term with no consideration of what will happen 5-10 years down the road.

Back