Shale playground in W. Texas (may dwarf S Tex Eagle Ford)

Maybe, maybe not. Oilfield subsidence earthquakes are nothing new. I remember stories about them in the Permain Basin back in the 1960's and 1970's. All of them were small and caused no damage. If you were asleep when they happened, the only way you found out was when the nearest seismograph recorded it. The one I remember feeling I noticed only when the glasses in Mom's cabinet started rattling.

The last subsidence earthquake I remember reading about was centered around Snyder in 1980. I was living in Colorado City at the time and did not feel a thing. It was 4.3 magnitude and lasted only a few seconds.

My Sister-in-law has some land right in the middle of all the activity. Funny thing is the drilling outfits want them to drill another
water well so they won't have to drive 40 or 50 miles to fill up their rigs.

Dogface":2yfbg2sd said:
oldfat&bald":2yfbg2sd said:
Dogface":2yfbg2sd said:
Does anyone think
that the recent earthquakes
around the metroplex
have anything to do with fracking?

You need to quit watching Matt Damon movies.
Hmmm...
I don't get it.

His latest flop Promised Land, and envirowhacko anti-fracking screed financed by Qatar and United Arab Emirates.

Old Bearkat":1xseolkj said:
Dogface":1xseolkj said:
oldfat&bald":1xseolkj said:
Dogface":1xseolkj said:
Does anyone think
around the metroplex

Hmmm...
I don't get it.

His latest flop Promised Land, and envirowhacko anti-fracking screed financed by Qatar and United Arab Emirates.

And OBK wins the prize for being the one guy that gets references to what the Hollywierd left is doing. The prize is my permission to not watch the next presidential speech so as to save your television from a terribly violent end.

oldfat&bald":3ht8c8yw said:
Old Bearkat":3ht8c8yw said:
Dogface":3ht8c8yw said:
oldfat&bald":3ht8c8yw said:
Dogface":3ht8c8yw said:
Does anyone think
around the metroplex

Hmmm...
I don't get it.

And OBK wins the prize for being the one guy that gets references to what the Hollywierd left is doing. The prize is my permission to not watch the next presidential speech so as to save your television from a terribly violent end.

Know thy enemy......

smokeyjoe53":2ei2g39p said:
My Sister-in-law has some land right in the middle of all the activity. Funny thing is the drilling outfits want them to drill another
water well so they won't have to drive 40 or 50 miles to fill up their rigs.

Remember Smokey, in this Industry water is as precious as the oil we extract. Can't frac without water. Steer clear of what you read and hear about fracing(correct spelling btw) its nothing more than water & sand being pumped at high pressures into the open fractures (hence the name) in the targeted production zone. Yes, there are some prioprietary chems (surfactant = Tide Dish Soap) used, but small amounts compared to the volume of water pumped.
If the company seeking rights to her minerals (should she own them) is really wanting it, they will drill the water well and bring it on to production for her. And then PAY HER for every bbl pumped out of it.

oldfat&bald":5zn4fnh6 said:
Selling water to the oilfield has turned some guys into pretty good farmers with top of the line equipment out this way.
So they get rich selling water then go broke farming?........................................

So how crude do you have to be to make the big bucks?

(Kinda thought being crude
landed me in my current predicament.)

Saw an article in the SA Express News today, concerns that if oil continues to drop (and there are forecasts of $70-80 per bbl. prices in 2014), that oil shale plays such as Eagle Ford, and those in West Texas and North Dakota will drop significantly.

If I remember it right, the "break even" price for Eagle Ford is something like $78, slightly less in West Texas and slightly more in North Dakota.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-2 ... crude.html

The market always correct high prices if the governments leave it alone.

Natrual gas was expensive also until the Barret and other gas shales started producing. Now all the new gas is oil production by-product.

Old Bearkat":3i4ueuw7 said:
The market always correct high prices if the governments leave it alone.

Natrual gas was expensive also until the Barret and other gas shales started producing. Now all the new gas is oil production by-product.

I've read they're flaring off millions of dollars worth of natural gas in the Dakotas because they don't have any pipelines to catch it and it isn't worth enough right now to build the pipelines.

Back