Elite

11-man fan
Div 1
Happy vs Borden County
Union Hill vs Jonesboro
Div 2
Valley vs Balmorhea
Strawn vs Milford

Please please Coach Keith and Coach Richey get with Coach Mallory and Coach Crumpton and make sure one or the other play on Friday and the other on Saturday. This Will be two good games. Good Luck

Any chance we can get a Milford Vs Strawn, Jonesboro vs Union double header on Friday and a Happy Vs Borden County, Balmorhea Vs Valley double header on Saturday? Flip the days I don't care, maybe get a big 3A or 4A stadium. Maybe I'm just being a little greedy but I think this would be awesome.

Well cowboy you are a 6Man celebrity, I'm sure you can encourage the coaches to agree. I was spitballing when I said it but it really sounds like a good idea.

CowboyP":2ztluiyc said:
MilfordInsider":2ztluiyc said:
Well cowboy you are a 6Man celebrity, I'm sure you can encourage the coaches to agree. I was spitballing when I said it but it really sounds like a good idea.
Ha! When did I become a celebrity? "Beg the coaches" would be a better way of phrasing that.

He must not have read some of Smokey Joe or OFB's comments in years gone by.

MilfordInsider":268jgwnb said:
Coaches please get together and try to work this out.
Milfordman,I have asked for years to play these later round playoff games on a Saturday, Good Luck,if things go as planned or predicted,the next week's game between, not going to say the schools but,Hico on a Saturday would be n the best interest,at least for me, otherwise I can't work and make a Friday night,but it's not about us the Fans,it's about the kids and schools..

Hi Mark. I'd like to agree and disagree. Saturday Semi and maybe Quarterfinals would be outstanding. But not just for the fans. Playing in front of a big crowd in a big game is awesome for the players and coaches too. Possibly a once in a life time experience. The more fans that are at a game the more exciting the atmosphere at least at the start and early on is. I think the loudness of the cheering of a crowd tends to inspire the players to give a (possibly) even greater effort.
Like you some Friday night games are pretty well impossible to make after work. I've used vacation time to leave early more than once. Some jobs don't offer that luxury.
With State Championships now played on Wednesday's in Dallas, one maybe starting at 2-3-4 o'clock I'm sure that affects attendance at those games.
Why not give the kids a chance to play in front of more of their supporters?
Maybe it's a subject worthy of discussion by the men who make these decisions at the next sixman coaches association meeting. JMHO.

MilfordInsider":s5pj2z19 said:
Well cowboy you are a 6Man celebrity,

I’m sure there’s something about that mentioned in the book of Revelations. Was it before or after the plagues take hold? Must have been before, time to pay for better medical insurance.....

51eleven":32tovgf5 said:
Hi Mark. I'd like to agree and disagree. Saturday Semi and maybe Quarterfinals would be outstanding. But not just for the fans. Playing in front of a big crowd in a big game is awesome for the players and coaches too. Possibly a once in a life time experience. The more fans that are at a game the more exciting the atmosphere at least at the start and early on is. I think the loudness of the cheering of a crowd tends to inspire the players to give a (possibly) even greater effort.
Like you some Friday night games are pretty well impossible to make after work. I've used vacation time to leave early more than once. Some jobs don't offer that luxury.
With State Championships now played on Wednesday's in Dallas, one maybe starting at 2-3-4 o'clock I'm sure that affects attendance at those games.
Why not give the kids a chance to play in front of more of their supporters?
Maybe it's a subject worthy of discussion by the men who make these decisions at the next sixman coaches association meeting. JMHO.
Correct,Sixmanfootball playoffs are sooooooooo great and due to the distance between most of these schools,it only makes sense to play these games on a saturday,would mean a much bigger louder crowd for ALL,would mean more revenue $$ for the hosting town,we finally got a predetermined site for the championship game,now it dont take much thinking to realize that Saturday playoffs is the best choice,me too have used time at work to go to a friday game,many times,not going to do it again,Get up on a saturday ,take ur time,have a fun road trip...i only said its all about its all about the kids because i've had some come on here and say that,wonder if they still think that when on a Saturday,Championship Saturday when those kids walk into Cowboy stadium.

oldfat&bald":32h0oqo5 said:
MilfordInsider":32h0oqo5 said:
Well cowboy you are a 6Man celebrity,

I’m sure there’s something about that mentioned in the book of Revelations. Was it before or after the plagues take hold? Must have been before, time to pay for better medical insurance.....

Yeah, there's those scabs that need treatment you can see if you look Real close in the ESPN video with Guru and Leman. Brought to mind what you and Smokey mentioned a year or two ago about hygiene, something a Coach had mentioned about not standing too close on the sideline.

Hey Guys, Multiple Games on Saturday CAN BE DONE !
Ask Cowboy P.! He was there!
8 Ranked Texas Independent Six Man teams proved
It could be done on Saturday, November 11, 2017 in Gholson.
8 Teams, 4 games, starting at 10 am and finishing before 10 pm. Proving Its not only possible, it happened !
Teams from Morton, Lubbock, Dallas, Lewisville, Campbell, Tyler, Temple and Fayetteville. All 4 games broadcast live.
It CAN BE DONE! Where there is a will, there is a Way.
Somebody put it together!

The issues this thread has become are distance and location. Doubleheaders would be cool but not essential. A quarterfinal or semi in a in a large town or city between two opponents on a Saturday would draw more fans. The players would be more inspired by the larger crowd cheering. The fans would be more inclined to come to visit more diverse local eateries than normally available as well as other amenities. Wives might want to go shopping while there.
It could enhance the occasion for all concerned.
Food for thought.

Elite":16qucjgu said:
Div 1
Happy vs Borden County
Union Hill vs Jonesboro
Div 2
Valley vs Balmorhea
Strawn vs Milford

Please please Coach Keith and Coach Rickey get with Coach Mallory and Coach Crumpton and make sure one or the other play on Friday and the other on Saturday. This Will be two good games. Good Luck

51eleven":19enls31 said:
Elite":19enls31 said:
Div 1
Happy vs Borden County
Union Hill vs Jonesboro
Div 2
Valley vs Balmorhea
Strawn vs Milford

Please please Coach Keith and Coach Rickey get with Coach Mallory and Coach Crumpton and make sure one or the other play on Friday and the other on Saturday. This Will be two good games. Good Luck

BTW that's Coach Richey, and sons. He and Coach Mallory could only possibly face each other in Dallas as one Team is way out West and the other is in the Piney Woods of East Texas.

Back