Seeking Athletic Director and or HF Coach position

Gordon Cyr

11-man fan
I am still in the Houston area due to my house not selling. I am seeking a part-time position as an Athletic Director and or Head Football Coach in the Houston/Pasadena area. I am willing to work 5-8 hours a day except for Wednesday (non negotiable, this day will be for my church work). I will help or facilitate fund-raisers, such as annual auctions, golf tournaments, vehicle raffles (chance drawings), and approach businesses for donations/partnerships, etc. If needed I will also plan all games, times, dates, locations, referees, etc. for boys and girls athletics.

As these are very full-time responsibilities, duties, and positions, I will not do any classroom instruction. I have tried to do it in the past and it is just too much. One or all of your duties suffer from trying to do so much. Since I do not have my degree as of yet, I would only be limited to teaching a Bible class anyways. I am currently working on my Bachelor's Degree online through Arlington Baptist College. I have almost the equivalent of an Associate's Degree in Business Management/Supervision, around seven years of supervisory experience, and I have my own general contracting business, C & C Construction & Landscaping (http://www.ccconstructionlandscaping.vpweb.com/).

What I can't do in a classroom, I'll make up for in fund-raising, planning athletic events, and promoting the school and athletic program. You may look at my previous Resume Board post for records and details of my sixman coaching experience, or I can send a resume upon request. All of my focus will be on promoting the athletic program and the school in general, raising funds for the athletic program and school, and instilling Christian values and beliefs in the students in general and student athletes.

Something else I can bring to the table is something I took at the ACSI convention in Galveston during the 2007-2008 school year, who and how to ask for a million dollars. I still have all of the information and contacts, and I will help in or facilitate the entire process. I love young people and I love coaching, so we get along great. I can help and join a program or take over a program with a week's notice to my current job, or I can start in the fall.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gordon Cyr
832-859-2331
[email protected]

Back