Seeking Head Football Coach/Athletic Director position

Gordon Cyr

11-man fan
I will be stepping down as the Head Football Coach at Clear Lake Christian School at the end of this school year. My family is being led into missions, and I will be attending Arlington Baptist College. I will be seeking work in the Arlington and surrounding areas. I will be attending school from around 7:30a - 12:30p, Monday thru Friday. The catch is that the school/church that is willing to hire me, must also be willing to work with my school schedule. I have almost the equivalent of an Associates Degree in Business Management/Supervision, and I will be working on my Bachelor's Degree in Missions/Pastoral. I love football and working with young people, so we get along great! I have been a Youth Pastor for 5 years, and I've coached sixman football for 4 years. Clear Lake Christian School, Head Master, Athletic Director, and my boys are in agreement with me following God's calling, but they don't want to see me leave. If I stayed it would be for selfish reasons, and I would not be following the calling of God in my life. I have worked in different work fields, but coaching, and teaching young people are definitely my favorite. Here is the work experience that would apply to the positions I seek.
1999-2000- South Shaver Baptist School- Jr. High/JV Head Football Coach 0-4-1. (I didn't have a clue about sixman football. The Varsity Head Football Coach, said "there's your team." We learned the hard way how to play sixman football that year.)
2000-2001- South Shaver Baptist School- Jr. High/JV Head Football Coach 6-2. (I had time to study the game and copy what worked against us. Only one of my players that started with me the year before had ever played football before, but the same team of boys won a TCAL State Championship for the Varsity Head Football Coach within 2 years after I coached them.)
2006-2007- South Shaver Baptist School- Varsity Head Football Coach 6-3. (We went to the first round of the TCAL. We were beaten by Humble Christian Life Center, and we ended up being ranked # 31 or # 32. Our school closed after being open for 34 years. I was the Head Football Coach, Athletic Director, Principal, and the Youth Pastor. It was a busy year to say the least!)
2007-2008- Clear Lake Christian School- Varsity Head Football Coach 5-5.
(This was a respectable season for a program that was only in it's 4th year of contact football. We were ranked the highest a CLCS football team had ever been ranked # 14 at one point during the season, was one of the teams to beat for a stretch, and we won more games in a row than any other previous teams, being 5, and we had 2 close district games that could've gone either way. We lost to an AWESOME Dickinson Pine Drive team, which went 10-3 by only 6 points, and we also lost to a very good Tomball Rosehill team, which went 7-5, both teams went into the play-offs, and both games were heart breakers.)
I don't believe that winning is the most important thing in sports, especially at all costs. I believe in building good moral character, teamwork, and teaching how to accomplish a collective goal together.
My overall record in sixman football is 17-14-1.
I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached at 832-859-2331, or you can send me an E-mail, [email protected].

Thanks,
Gordon Cyr
Head Football Coach
Clear Lake Christian School
14325 Crescent Landing Drive
Houston, Tx. 77062

Back