School Closures

Old Bearkat

Six-man expert
Any school closings for the Corona virus panic happening down there in God's Country?

The Sheeples Republik of Illinoisy just shut down schools for 2 weeks starting Tuesday March 17.

In the San Antonio - Seguin - New Braunfels area, all schools have extended their spring break for an additional week and the talk is that many of them will conclude the year with "distance learning" online.

My employer (a 500-person office in New Braunfels) is going to be sending up to 100 of us to work out of our homes (including myself).

freeagent":l6ur5vrm said:
In the San Antonio - Seguin - New Braunfels area, all schools have extended their spring break for an additional week and the talk is that many of them will conclude the year with "distance learning" online.

My employer (a 500-person office in New Braunfels) is going to be sending up to 100 of us to work out of our homes (including myself).

The company I work for is way ahead of the curve. 55 employees and only 6 work in the office in Montrose CO. The rest of us work from home and always have. We are not traveling too much right now, but that suits me just fine.

I don't think there will be any school the rest of the year. If numbers started going down tomorrow many would still be too fearful of exposure. Maybe rightly so, I don't know. That's the problem, nobody does.
Trouble is, the numbers are still going up.

Of course the numbers are still going up.. we just started larger scale testing not long ago.. we won’t know of what we are doing right now is effective until a week or two down the road. Once we are able to collect more data we’ll know a lot more about what steps we need to take

All schools here in Illinoisy are officially closed until April 8th, but rumors we are hearing are that they will be stay closed until September

jimbarola":cwj0y1k0 said:
There has been no shutdown for Homeschool, it has been business as usual. At least for academics. : )

Problem with homeschool. On our first day, two kids were kicked out for fighting and the teacher was fired for drinking on the job.

freeagent":2747upvo said:
jimbarola":2747upvo said:
There has been no shutdown for Homeschool, it has been business as usual. At least for academics. : )

Problem with homeschool. On our first day, two kids were kicked out for fighting and the teacher was fired for drinking on the job.

Another problem today here in Illinoisy…. Tammy saw her neighbor out in the driveway scraping off the "My honor Student" bumper sticker off her Grand Caravan, while taking long hard pulls off a bottle of Chardonnay.

Crazy news in Naz where 6 people have tested positive. Not a whole lot of details but this was reported and updated by News Channel 10 out of Amarillo.

Interesting as that community probably traveled more than any other for basketball in the last month or so, with both teams ending up at State.

granger":pqau54l7 said:
Crazy news in Naz where 6 people have tested positive. Not a whole lot of details but this was reported and updated by News Channel 10 out of Amarillo.

Interesting as that community probably traveled more than any other for basketball in the last month or so, with both teams ending up at State.

That sounds like a high percentage for such a small town relative to the rest of the state. But your the math guru. Still only 1 case reported in Erath county. I wouldn't want to be say a delivery driver in the FW/D metromess coming in contact with many people per day. Looking at figures from the Texas Tribune over 1/3 of the cases in the state yesterday (1731) are in Dallas, Tarrant, Collin and Denton counties (628).

Back