Parkview Christian Waco closing down the school completely.

CoachJoshHayes

Six-man fan
I’m a parent of a kid who was supposed to be a senior at Parkview Christian in Waco this next school year. We were notified yesterday (June 13th) that the school is completely shutting down. So there will be no athletics at all for the kids. My son’s senior year has officially been taken away from him.

And now I am needing a week 10 game for our new team at Grace Christian Academy located between Weatherford and Perrin. We are playing an independent schedule wiith kids who have never put on a uniform. (817-692-4605) [email protected]

I’m a parent of a kid who was supposed to be a senior at Parkview Christian in Waco this next school year. We were notified yesterday (June 13th) that the school is completely shutting down. So there will be no athletics at all for the kids. My son’s senior year has officially been taken away from him.
Aquilla is just down the road, they accept transfers

Is your son not eligible at his next school? I would assume a school closure, which has nothing to do with the child, would allow automatic eligibility right?

When Wichita Falls Notre Dame closed its doors a few years ago every athlete was eligible at their new school. Same will apply for these kids. Praying for that school community.

My cousin's family had a similar situation. They still really wanted their son to go to senior year. So their son moved to a relative's house in another city. It was good that the relatives didn't say no.

Money and low enrollment are the reason most private schools close. Sometimes, the sponsoring church just turns off the cash flow, or as I've seen in a couple of cases, well, the church elders kids have finished the school and the elders no longer see a reason for the school since their kids aren't there. Parkview had some pretty nice facilities for a small school, we played a couple of playoff games there. If I remember right, they got a pretty good price (for private schools) to rent the joint.

Money and low enrollment are the reason most private schools close. Sometimes, the sponsoring church just turns off the cash flow, or as I've seen in a couple of cases, well, the church elders kids have finished the school and the elders no longer see a reason for the school since their kids aren't there. Parkview had some pretty nice facilities for a small school, we played a couple of playoff games there. If I remember right, they got a pretty good price (for private schools) to rent the joint.
Sad to see parkview closing.. they were our district rivals when I played at Christway 2007-2010.. Great school with great coaches and great people back in the day.. a lot of big time private school playoff games were played there. And sometimes closing the doors is tough but sometimes there is no other choice. Jus sad to see schools like Tyler Street, Parkview , Fort Worth Glenview not around anymore

There is an interest meeting for a private christian school that may open this fall. I had a Child at Parkview and I am currently looking for other options. Search Waco Christian Academy on Facebook for info on the interest meeting this Wednesday. I'm not affiliated with the Church but I plan to go see what they have to offer. They say they plan on having athletics.

Back