Scheduling Changes

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
Obviously scheduling is going to be a disaster and with different start dates for different organizations (for now at least) and the possibility of more changes. I am going to change the database to accept games (and number them differently) for additional weeks.

This will take some time to think through to make it acceptable. I won't say perfect, because we aren't going to have that. I believe the first step will be to make the season a few weeks longer.

If you have games that need to be deleted from the schedule (only games that will not be rescheduled), please e-mail me. I hope to have a way to just mass move all of the TAPPS district games back a few weeks.

Like I said. Give me a few days

Granger:

TAPS has set a board meeting for this afternoon. Hopefully some things will take place where TAPPS and the UIL can be more closely aligned.

Do you think TAPPS would actually go back on original plan to line up with UIL? I am all for it. We just need to know really quickly. UIL schools are moving on.

Yes sir, I do. The board is meeting for a reason. We should know something in the next 24 hours if not sooner. Another board meeting is scheduled for tomorrow.

Going to be tough for schools for instance in Dallas when the city says you cannot have school or events, but you play in a division like six-man... let's see what transpires

granger":3k1647lb said:
Going to be tough for schools for instance in Dallas when the city says you cannot have school or events, but you play in a division like six-man... let's see what transpires

I hear ya! Things are changing daily!

Granger, do you ever remember a time the UIL ever split starting dates between classifications like this? Also, have state football games ever been played after Christmas break? I’m not knocking COVID-19 or any decisions being made. I’m just asking from a historical perspective.

Back