Richland Springs vs Sterling City

patriotpaul":brm9iovc said:
One of the reason's SC is ranked so high is because they hung with Happy for a while. Happy was missing one for sure and I think 2 of there best players in that game. Happy's offense today does not remotely resemble the SC game. RS should win this big. Certainly been wrong before, but this is the way I seeing.

Agreed.

I think that some of you are speaking without thinking. Sterling City is a good team and will not just lie down. The Eagles will certainly put up a fight. Hanging with Happy and 45ing some decent teams shows that they have the tools to work with. It is going to be a slugfest!
If the Coyotes prevail and take them out, it won't be because Sterling City is weak, because they surely are not!

Goob":gihlivqr said:

Wasn't the game what you excepted? Like everyone else I was actually kinda disappointed RS used all their first half time outs just to get an extra score. Not like they couldn't of waited a few min to end it.

Sterling City was as good as any team RS has met in the last few years. They are strong, quick, fast, and tough. They will make plenty of noise on down the road in the D1 playoffs.
The RS Defense was really close to perfect tonight. As good as I have ever witnessed. Great game!

Caprock - It was the perfect chance for RS to run a 1 minute offense as I believe they got the ball back with 51 secs left in the half and had about 70 yards to drive in order to score, and it was only 28-0 at the time

Sterling City is good, drove on RS and made them work on offense, RS redzone defense was excellent! Score could have easily been 28-24 at half. RS made good adjustments throughout the game, which is something they probably haven't had to do much of all year...PS Sterling city had about 18 kids on the Jr High Team (which beat a good RS Jr High today), 14 kids on their JV team (also beat RS JV tonight) and about 15 kids on the varsity team...they will be tough for a few years it seems

WV Backer":e7ws388s said:
I will never stand accused of having much love for the Sterling City Eagles but, that notwithstanding, I find myself rooting for the Eagles to make a game of this one. I'm not naïve enough to think they'll win but they did extend Happy all the way and dismantled a Buena Vista team that was ranked in the top 10 at the time. They have a VERY good running back in Tavenn Raynor as well as talented players in Brenden Sisco and Lathen Horwood to go with him. Considering the way RS dispatched Zephyr, this may be the toughest game RS has all year... at least until they meet up with Calvert.

Another example of DKS! ^^^^^^

Leman Saunders":clt21uzt said:
Caprock - It was the perfect chance for RS to run a 1 minute offense as I believe they got the ball back with 51 secs left in the half and had about 70 yards to drive in order to score, and it was only 28-0 at the time

Why though? Why run a one min offense why not just finish the half if RS is more interested in embarrassing teams then do it but I don't want to hear people saying other wise RS was clearly more interested in running up the score before half. RS is the best team in the state ok we know this so act like it.

Caprock kid":1u5zkecu said:
Leman Saunders":1u5zkecu said:

Why though? Why run a one min offense why not just finish the half if RS is more interested in embarrassing teams then do it but I don't want to hear people saying other wise RS was clearly more interested in running up the score before half. RS is the best team in the state ok we know this so act like it.

LMAO!
This is greatness!
So the Coyotes were running up the score last night on the #3 State ranked team in .... DI !!!!????
What the hell is next?.........Maybe "deflategate"?

Back