Richland Springs vs Motley thoughts

So 9 is all but certain but what about 10 are the Rigdons gone? Will they have to sit out the year? Also why does the UIL punish a child for the parents moving. It’s not like the if you have to sit out your senior year you can come back the next year and take an elective class to play football.

I looked at the roster and counted 16 underclassmen plus 4 incoming freshmen on the team. None of which are named Rigdon. I bet he can put something decent together with that group. How in the world did he win those other 8 titles without some Rigdons? Are you the president of the Rigdon fan club?

I don’t think I am the president of the Rigdon fan club if I am I wasn’t told. There wasn’t a ceremony or anything like that. I had a few questions maybe I should elaborated more on sorry if it offended you so much. I had no idea who was coming back/up talent wise. I honestly thought I would get a Richland Springs fan that would say something like
I don’t know if the Rigdons will be back or if they will be able to play if they leave but these are the players we have coming back that played a lot and here are some that played well when their number was called that will really shine next year. I can respect the way you answered it though again sorry for striking a nerve.

How I world turn out a Spartan 6 Man team?
Guys would have to do 10 push-ups (1st grade). 20 for 2nd etc before they are given lunch.
All would run to class if headed west, and Hand-over hand bars to swing on if headed east.
Students curling 100 lbs could add one point to test scores for each curl.
Students would have to push their cars to school instead of driving them.
Sprints would run dragging a tractor tire behind the runner.
During track season, the team would actually run up the dry San Saba river bead and do sit-ups hanging by their feet.
No chairs in class-all learn in the push-up "up" position. They can drop to the floor for five seconds for a correct answer to a question.
Lower grades learn and perform in all offensive and defensive football position during PE and recess.
Summer is even better with student-run marathon drills once a month lasting 24 hours at a time.
If there is a band, trombone players attach 50 lb weights to their slides, percussion all have weighted sticks and tubas have to march with their instruments full of water.
Students would do curls with their books as they read them.
No cold drinks, electronics, video games, and at least eight hours of sleep every night, with a well balanced diet of home-grown food.
TV may be watched if watching football and or watching other 1A schools trying to play football.

Ok. Enough silllyness. How would you turn out a state champion?

51eleven":34bvsywb said:
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=ZLv7Mr38&id=711B5809AB6E14C972E03105BB77192D264F309C&thid=OIP.ZLv7Mr382Au7R5xu2Wa2uQHaFq&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2ftheselvedgeyard.files.wordpress.com%2f2010%2f10%2fvintage-cowboy-denim-chaps.jpg%3fw%3d700&exph=536&expw=700&q=matador+ranch+cowboys+life+magazine&simid=608052654148879868&selectedIndex=0&qpvt=matador+ranch+cowboys+life+magazine&ajaxhist=0

Matador's from 1944, maybe 45 or 46? All six of them with the coach on the right. Helmet's on, pads hanging on the fence behind. A member of the practice squad behind the fence on the left. No doubt a pretty tough bunch no matter who they faced.

The Coyotes won state several weeks ago when they edged out Calvert 24-19.

Actually, RS added a ninth state trophy when they hired Coach Rigdon and family last year.
Matthew is the bull behind the coyotes. His little brother is a monster, also. But do not fool yourself...the Rigdon's are the catalysts to the AT&T Center.

Otherwise the trophy resides in Calvert.

I think Calvert will claim that title very soon. It is not far fetched 10 years from now for the Calvert coach to have 4-5 championships.

BE":18wntd2v said:
The Coyotes won state several weeks ago when they edged out Calvert 24-19.

Actually, RS added a ninth state trophy when they hired Coach Rigdon and family last year.
Matthew is the bull behind the coyotes. His little brother is a monster, also. But do not fool yourself...the Rigdon's are the catalysts to the AT&T Center.

Otherwise the trophy resides in Calvert.

Most truthful and factual comment on this site!!

Congratulations to Richland Springs on winning the State Championship this year, for the Ninth time.
Congratulations to the Matadors on making it to the final, only one other team did that, and putting up a good fight, not quitting.

The Rigdon kid is crazy good. He's so big you think "he can't be that fast" BUT HE IS.

Congrats to the Yotes on doing what they do: win championships.

BerettaBoy":3uplzxn3 said:
The Rigdon kid is crazy good. He's so big you think "he can't be that fast" BUT HE IS.

Congrats to the Yotes on doing what they do: win championships.

Can’t wait to see where they end up playing next, Hope they get a chance to meet RS in playoffs!

One thing is for certain, the Rigdon's will not be in RS next year. They got hosed into playing this year on the muse that dad would be the coach. They pulled the rug on that as soon as he could not get out of his contract and I'm sure they would have signed the PAPF saying they moved for athletic purposes if they tried. They may have won #9, but it should have an asterisk if you ask me. There are always so many that run to there defense, but after so much you have to wonder what goes on behind closed doors to keep the train moving...

Matt Stepp mentioned in Twitter the MC has some interesting things to say about the game and RS. Does anyone have audio or a transcript?

I have it on good and solid rumor from the hair parlor that the Rigdon's will be in the newly reopened school of Skeeterville next year. They will enroll in January.
However the new school will collapse and close during Two-a-days and the entire enrollment--four students-- will transfer to the nearest public institution, RS, and complete another five championships. :)

Bluecat98":15dqkbx2 said:
One thing is for certain, the Rigdon's will not be in RS next year. They got hosed into playing this year on the muse that dad would be the coach. They pulled the rug on that as soon as he could not get out of his contract and I'm sure they would have signed the PAPF saying they moved for athletic purposes if they tried. They may have won #9, but it should have an asterisk if you ask me. There are always so many that run to there defense, but after so much you have to wonder what goes on behind closed doors to keep the train moving...
What would the footnote that the asterisk designates say?
You may put all the * you want but if that’s all you do it’s pretty meaningless................ much like this entire conversation has become **************************(see footnotes at bottom of post)

* denotes asterisk

Back