Rants and Raves

I think that we are deep enough in the season that we can get a good look at who is doing best. Amherst sits at 4-0 ranked 17, Whitharral at 2-2 ranked 31, Lazbuddie sitting at 1-3 ranked 38, and Cotton Center 1-3 ranked 57. They say this district isn't strong, but I do believe that Amherst has one of the best defenses in the state. look at the film from Kress: when the Roos got to the Red Zone, they were completely shut down by the powerhouse defense of the bulldogs. And there ain't no need to even talk about the offense with two running backs with state level track times. not to mention the lineman that make the holes for the runners. Can't wait to see just how this district plays out when it all matters.

1) By Texas sixman football standards, this is a week district! Probably not the weakest, but definitely one of the weakest D II districts in the West. Just do the homework; look at last season's records and scores and those from the first 4 weeks of this season.

2) best defenses in the state - powerhouse defense???? Amherst is very quick off of the edges with their corners, and they most certainly disrupt their opponent's offensive backfield. They are also have alot of players around the ball again because of the quickness coming from outside-in. But, to say they are a powerhouse or one of the best in the state is an extreme over exaggeration.

3)Amherst most certainly has two extremely very fast running backs, but I don't blame you for not mentioning the linemen. If there is a soft spot on this team, it is the players in the middle.

I can't wait to see the end result either, but face the facts: Southland, Happy, Silverton, and Kress ain't Ropes, Dawson, or Wellman!

Yeah, I know what you mean Phe... It's a good question. But, they only lost to Whit by 8 IN Overtime, and they beat Whiteface by 32 while Whit only beat Whitface by 18. And, Granger has them ranked 33 while Happy and Silverton are ranked 44 and 45. Kress is 41 and Southland is 44 on the DI side. So, I think that I had a valid reason to throw them in there. Besides, it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Sorry!

yep i noticed you listed wellman after they got beat and the only reason i didnt mention them is because i "heard" their running back was hurt and didnt play. in sixman one key player hurt can cost a team a victory. happened last year with whitharral, when the stone kid went out right before district. but dont get me wrong i'm glad that Laz won, that used to be a strong program, would like to see the longhorns return to a team that could win district.

i dont think anyone said amhearst was weak. just the district is weak. it does appear that whitharral and amhearst are the two teams to beat. this should make a decent battle to watch.

Back