Rankin vs WB

I know who their opponents have been, watched all 3 losses and also games played before those losses. And Rankin underperformed. Sorry if that hurts some feelings but like I said it’s becoming a trend.

I know who their opponents have been, watched all 3 losses and also games played before those losses. And Rankin underperformed. Sorry if that hurts some feelings but like I said it’s becoming a trend.
I guarantee I’ve seen more rankin games than you, and I disagree completely. Thing is, I saw their opponents in more games than you have as well. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it takes more than just watching friday nights. Be happy that you get to watch these kids give their all, and give credit where it’s due.

I guarantee I’ve seen more rankin games than you, and I disagree completely. Thing is, I saw their opponents in more games than you have as well. Sorry if that hurts your feelings, but it takes more than just watching friday nights. Be happy that you get to watch these kids give their all, and give credit where it’s due.
Doesn’t hurt my feelings at all. I just feel for the kids.

Did I ever say they didn’t want to win? Feelings must be getting in the way of what was said. Defend it all you want, and I get that when they’re 4-0 against GC since I started watching them, but it doesn’t change what has been put on the field the last 3 playoff losses. To each their own. Good evening, hunting alarms come early.

Coach Jones. We don’t know each other, but I just gained a lot of respect for you. Not many coaches would be willing to speak some truth from a point of actual professional experience because these responses could almost be quoted before they are written.

When we look around the 6 man community, the teams that are perineal playoff teams and some contenders perineally, they have communities that support and keep their coaches through thick and thin. Turns out those kids get a lot less thins.

If I understand correctly, Coach Avalos is from Rankin and probably wants to be in Rankin and is probably invested in that community and their/his kids more than anyone else could be.

Ironically, Coach Jones is here speaking to what he thinks is right and it would be very good for him if a talented opponent starts going through a coaching change. He would probably benefit personally more than anyone.

Coach Jones. We don’t know each other, but I just gained a lot of respect for you. Not many coaches would be willing to speak some truth from a point of actual professional experience because these responses could almost be quoted before they are written.

When we look around the 6 man community, the teams that are perineal playoff teams and some contenders perineally, they have communities that support and keep their coaches through thick and thin. Turns out those kids get a lot less thins.

If I understand correctly, Coach Avalos is from Rankin and probably wants to be in Rankin and is probably invested in that community and their/his kids more than anyone else could be.

Ironically, Coach Jones is here speaking to what he thinks is right and it would be very good for him if a talented opponent starts going through a coaching change. He would probably benefit personally more than anyone.
Thank you. Coach Avalos is a good friend of mine, and as a Rankin alum, I will say he has done a great job (although I always hope he loses one game a year). I would have said the same things if Westbrook would have lost and some casual fans got on here and bashed Coach Matlock. Coach Avalos has thick skin and will get up in the morning and start working on the future….his critics will get up and…well…go hunting.

Wow, I just got on here and started reading these posts. It's very frustrating as a coach to see others take a shot at not only a colleague but a good friend. Coach Avalos is one of the great young coaches this game needs as are Coach Jones and Coach Matlock. Us old guys look at the programs these men lead and we are in awe of the success they have built or in some cases, re-built. These three guys are great coaches, teachers, husbands, fathers, friends, and mentors. I don't normally get on here, but it's so frustrating when a team comes up short and their season comes to an end and folks get on here and take pot shots at the coach. Westbrook is a very good football team and a well coached football team that is trying to prove that they can repeat as State Champions. Coach Matlock did a tremendous job of scheduling some great opponents during the year with GC and Rankin being on their schedule. Both games were much different the first time than the game in the play-offs, but that doesn't mean that the coaches on the losing side of the ball did a poor job of coaching or preparing. Football is a game of momentum. Especially on the six-man field, the same kids that play offense turn around and play defense. When something negative happens on one side of the ball they have to turn around and find a way to get over the negative play that just happened to them. It's tough, and when it snow balls, it's even tougher. Play-offs make it even more difficult because there is no tomorrow to try to make a 30 point loss mean anything and build on for the next week. The only thing waiting on them is the next sport and that can sometimes play a part mentally.
I have 2 sons of my own and I would have been honored for any one of these three men to coach them. They teach the game of football as well as the game of life. Thank you coach Avalos for what you do and congratulations on another great season. Coach Jones, thank you for taking the time to step in and defend Coach Avalos and congratulations on yet another great season for you as well. Coach Matlock, best of luck this week as you play yet another team you played earlier in the year. Best of luck in your pursuit of a repeat. These are three of the best this game has to offer. Where their season ends will never define who they are and what they represent, great Coaches, but Better Men!!!!

I know this may be a mess to read but I just had to say something. I love my profession and I love getting to coach kids. Most of our greatest victories have nothing to do with a WIN in a sport that we coach. Take care and God bless you all, Trey Richey

Wow, I just got on here and started reading these posts. It's very frustrating as a coach to see others take a shot at not only a colleague but a good friend. Coach Avalos is one of the great young coaches this game needs as are Coach Jones and Coach Matlock. Us old guys look at the programs these men lead and we are in awe of the success they have built or in some cases, re-built. These three guys are great coaches, teachers, husbands, fathers, friends, and mentors. I don't normally get on here, but it's so frustrating when a team comes up short and their season comes to an end and folks get on here and take pot shots at the coach. Westbrook is a very good football team and a well coached football team that is trying to prove that they can repeat as State Champions. Coach Matlock did a tremendous job of scheduling some great opponents during the year with GC and Rankin being on their schedule. Both games were much different the first time than the game in the play-offs, but that doesn't mean that the coaches on the losing side of the ball did a poor job of coaching or preparing. Football is a game of momentum. Especially on the six-man field, the same kids that play offense turn around and play defense. When something negative happens on one side of the ball they have to turn around and find a way to get over the negative play that just happened to them. It's tough, and when it snow balls, it's even tougher. Play-offs make it even more difficult because there is no tomorrow to try to make a 30 point loss mean anything and build on for the next week. The only thing waiting on them is the next sport and that can sometimes play a part mentally.
I have 2 sons of my own and I would have been honored for any one of these three men to coach them. They teach the game of football as well as the game of life. Thank you coach Avalos for what you do and congratulations on another great season. Coach Jones, thank you for taking the time to step in and defend Coach Avalos and congratulations on yet another great season for you as well. Coach Matlock, best of luck this week as you play yet another team you played earlier in the year. Best of luck in your pursuit of a repeat. These are three of the best this game has to offer. Where their season ends will never define who they are and what they represent, great Coaches, but Better Men!!!!

I know this may be a mess to read but I just had to say something. I love my profession and I love getting to coach kids. Most of our greatest victories have nothing to do with a WIN in a sport that we coach. Take care and God bless you all, Trey Richey
Great words of encouragement. Coach Richey is truly one of the best coaches in the Sixman Ranks and it definitely shows on and off the field.

Very well said Coach, I know you are very well respected by Coach Matlock as well. He talks about you often and I Know you guys are friends. I absolutely hate when a team loses coaches are zeros and when they win they are heroes. No matter what happens on Friday we are truly blessed to have Coach Matlock’s coaching staff not just coaching football but teaching life. Something you have done for many years.

Everything that was said was spot on. It’s frustrating knowing that we have the team year in and out to compete. These last two years we’ve gotten utterly embarrassed. We have the talent, but do we realistically have the coaching and the heart to get to that next level? Right now that answer is unfortunately no.

Nothing against the Rankin coaching staff, but they have had the talent and to at least be in one state game. Westbrook showed out big! Looks like they are ready for big, T offense from Happy coming there way!

Nothing against the Rankin coaching staff, but they have had the talent and to at least be in one state game. Westbrook showed out big! Looks like they are ready for big, T offense from Happy coming there way!
But at the same time they lost the last 2 years to the state champion. Then this year Westbrook is still alive, it’s not like they are losing to bad teams at all. A lot of teams would kill to have the record that they have produced here lately.

Back