Rankin vs WB

Not going to make a single excuse. A big congratulations to Westbrook. They deserve this win and they deserve the repeat. I can’t excuse the way Rankin played. They were outplayed and outcoached. They didn’t have any of the heart they did the first game back in week 3. Again, congrats to Westbrook. Time to hoop🤷‍♂️

Coaching matters. Rankin did not show up prepared what so ever. Westbrook deserved to win that game in the exact fashion that they did. Big props to the Wildcats, they showed up and the preparation they put in was obvious. On another note Rankin sure seems to have wasted some talented teams. The old saying comes to mind… a team is a reflection of the coach. It seems to me that team isn’t ready when it’s playoff time year after year. Players play the game I get it but if you watched the week 3 game and watched this game tonight it was pretty obvious that Rankin was no where near prepared to take the shots WB gave them. They looked beat within the couple of mins of the 1Q. IMO that’s a lack of preparation by coaching.

Coaching matters. Rankin did not show up prepared what so ever. Westbrook deserved to win that game in the exact fashion that they did. Big props to the Wildcats, they showed up and the preparation they put in was obvious. On another note Rankin sure seems to have wasted some talented teams. The old saying comes to mind… a team is a reflection of the coach. It seems to me that team isn’t ready when it’s playoff time year after year. Players play the game I get it but if you watched the week 3 game and watched this game tonight it was pretty obvious that Rankin was no where near prepared to take the shots WB gave them. They looked beat within the couple of mins of the 1Q. IMO that’s a lack of preparation by coaching.
Ok this is good.. let’s keep going on this
You have the hindsight of already seeing what happened.. so I’d like to hear what you think the coaches at rankin could have done differently to move the ball and stop Westbrook.. feel free to get as technical in the Xs and Os as you can

Everything that was said was spot on. It’s frustrating knowing that we have the team year in and out to compete. These last two years we’ve gotten utterly embarrassed. We have the talent, but do we realistically have the coaching and the heart to get to that next level? Right now that answer is unfortunately no.

Last edited:
Everything that was said was spot on. It’s frustrating knowing that we have the team year in and out to compete. These last two years we’ve gotten utterly embarrassed. We have the talent, but do we realistically have the coaching and the heart to get to that next level? Right now that answer is unfortunately no.
I know how bad this hurts for the Rankin faithful. Been through it several times. I understand the raw nerves in the immediate aftermath of an embarrassing loss. Blaming the coach is almost automatic after such losses on the part of the fans. I'd hate to see a coach get blamed for loss totally. In week three the coaching wasn't a problem. Sometimes players just can't rise to the occasion week in and week out. No matter how good the X's and O's are drawn up if the players don't execute, they can get beat, even blown out, by a team they seem to match up well with.

I know how bad this hurts for the Rankin faithful. Been through it several times. I understand the raw nerves in the immediate aftermath of an embarrassing loss. Blaming the coach is almost automatic after such losses on the part of the fans. I'd hate to see a coach get blamed for loss totally. In week three the coaching wasn't a problem. Sometimes players just can't rise to the occasion week in and week out. No matter how good the X's and O's are drawn up if the players don't execute, they can get beat, even blown out, by a team they seem to match up well with.
Definitely not only blaming the coaches. They can only lay it out so much like you said. The kids today just didn’t seem to have the heart to step up and beat Westbrook. It’s a tough situation for everyone. It was a good season and Im not trying to put anyone down! But, as an ex player and now a fan, it’s super frustrating for me and countless others to see the result of todays game knowing we could of put up way more of a fight.

Well, if the rankin job ever opens, it’s good to know there are a few on here who would fit in great and have all the answers. Be better!

And just so you guys know, Westbrook has a great coaching staff and their team has been practicing also. Give credit where it’s due. You bad mouthing the Rankin staff is also a slap in the face to the Westbrook staff. Maybe y’all should give the Happy coaches a call this week. Great season by rankin, and congrats to Westbrook.

Well, if the rankin job ever opens, it’s good to know there are a few on here who would fit in great and have all the answers. Be better!

And just so you guys know, Westbrook has a great coaching staff and their team has been practicing also. Give credit where it’s due. You bad mouthing the Rankin staff is also a slap in the face to the Westbrook staff. Maybe y’all should give the Happy coaches a call this week. Great season by rankin, and congrats to Westbrook.
My point exactly….Westbrook has great coaches & that showed tonight. They had that team ready to play. That’s one of the signs of a good coach…getting the most out of players in the biggest moments. Rankin has a history of these failures the last few years. Get to the tough games and show up flat. Sorry that’s just a fact. You can’t lay all that on players when it happens year after year. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not from Rankin but living in that area they are one of the teams I’ve watched quiet often and as a fan of 6 man football I’d call it a borderline trend at this point. So what does it say when any team year after years shows up in the playoffs to a game that EVERYONE expects to be competitive and gets absolutely dominated? I know the last 3 years for sure that’s exactly what has happened. Sorry if calling a spade a spade is frowned upon but it is what it is.

My point exactly….Westbrook has great coaches & that showed tonight. They had that team ready to play. That’s one of the signs of a good coach…getting the most out of players in the biggest moments. Rankin has a history of these failures the last few years. Get to the tough games and show up flat. Sorry that’s just a fact. You can’t lay all that on players when it happens year after year. That’s all I’m saying. I’m not from Rankin but living in that area they are one of the teams I’ve watched quiet often and as a fan of 6 man football I’d call it a borderline trend at this point. So what does it say when any team year after years shows up in the playoffs to a game that EVERYONE expects to be competitive and gets absolutely dominated? I know the last 3 years for sure that’s exactly what has happened. Sorry if calling a spade a spade is frowned upon but it is what it is.
It tells me that their opponents these last three years are very, very good (I think you’ll see they were State Champions…this year to be determined of course). But, like I said…send in your resume, get hired and show them how it’s done.

Back