Rankin vs WB

Past history means nothing at this point of the season. This game is its own entity and the teams have progressed through the season getting healthier and better as they've gone along. Having said that, it could come down to a blocked PAT or even a field goal made.

From the Fence:

Gonna start this one by saying can someone please tell these so called sports reporters who have had ZERO interest in Sixman Football until the playoffs started that if they are going to do a story to get the facts straight before blasting it on the news. Saying a "State Contender Team" was "Barely" knocked out of the playoffs last season is false. Plain and simple, it's false.
Rankin was absolutely and unequivocally destroyed last year by Westbrook 86-38.
.......but that's just "Barely" isn't it?

Now that that's outta the way:

I think everyone has to toss the regular season match up out the window. Both teams were in week 3 and still figuring things out.
That being said I think you have to take into account the last 2 common opponents which were Ira and Garden City. Both games played in District and the Playoffs.
So starting with Ira:
Westbrook beat Ira 58-12 in District. Mercy rule
Rankin beat Ira 72-42 in the playoffs and it took all 4 quarters to get it done.
Now Garden City: (Ranked #5)
Rankin beat GC 60-36 in District and it took all 4 quarters to get it done.
Westbrook beat GC 72-22 in round one of the playoffs. Mercy rule

WB destroyed GC 1 week after Rankin played them and left little doubt about who they are when the playoffs roll around. Best part of that game were the days that followed when hardly a peep was heard on the utter shellacing that took place that night. Crickets........ that's all WB got for that win was crickets.......

Defense wins games, Defense wins Championships!!!

Westbrook is on another level and Rankin is just another stepping stone on the path to Glory!!!
#westwhat #wreckit #weready

Last edited:
From the Fence:

Gonna start this one by saying can someone please tell these so called sports reporters who have had ZERO interest in Sixman Football until the playoffs started that if they are going to do a story to get the facts straight before blasting it on the news. Saying a "State Contender Team" was "Barely" knocked out of the playoffs last season is false. Plain and simple, it's false.

I think everyone has to toss the regular season match up out the window. Both teams were in week 3 and still figuring things out.
That being said I think you have to take into account the last 2 common opponents which were Ira and Garden City. Both games played in District and the Playoffs.
So starting with Ira:
Rankin beat Ira 72-42 in the playoffs and it took all 4 quarters to get it done.

WB destroyed GC 1 week after Rankin played them and left little doubt about who they are when the playoffs roll around. Best part of that game were the days that followed when hardly a peep was heard on the utter shellacing that took place that night. Crickets........ that's all WB got for that win was crickets.......

Westbrook is on another level and Rankin is just another stepping stone on the path to Glory!!!
#westwhat #wreckit #webleedblueandwhite
Agreed. Westbrook has the better defense, and as the addage goes - defense wins ballgames. Rankin will have to play up a notch and win the turnover/special teams battle to pull this one off I think.

Gonna be a battle
From the Fence:

So starting with Ira:

That’s the bottom line cause Fencelineguy said so! Lol. It’s all true tho. So there’s that.

From the Fence:

So starting with Ira:

Hey Fencelineguy we understand that your a true westbrook fan and supporter but please keep yourself under control and just let them play ball, anything can happen in tomorrow game.

From the Fence:

So starting with Ira:

Take note mr fence post rankin played GC with third and fourth string running backs in the second half and midway through the Ira game …. Ware was hurt during y’all’s loss to GC so we can wipe out that win Rankin is different this year and it showed in the week 3 matchup I’ve kept my mouth shut since that one point loss the Red Devils have something to prove tomorrow night hold up that fence you got built up cause the Red Devils are about to tear it down 💪🏽

Take note mr fence post rankin played GC with third and fourth string running backs in the second half and midway through the Ira game …. Ware was hurt during y’all’s loss to GC so we can wipe out that win Rankin is different this year and it showed in the week 3 matchup I’ve kept my mouth shut since that one point loss the Red Devils have something to prove tomorrow night hold up that fence you got built up cause the Red Devils are about to tear it down 💪🏽
And let the trash talk begin. Too bad May is out of the hunt this year. But still I enjoy the trash talk (done respectfully) and that was good lol.
I think it’s gonna be a battle and weather could play big part in it as well. I think both teams could win State so good luck. But if May was in the mix I’d be wearing y’all out.

And let the trash talk begin. Too bad May is out of the hunt this year. But still I enjoy the trash talk (done respectfully) and that was good lol.
I think it’s gonna be a battle and weather could play big part in it as well. I think both teams could win State so good luck. But if May was in the mix I’d be wearing y’all out.
I enjoy mr fence line guy he makes it fun I agree it’s gonna be a war

From the Fence:

So starting with Ira:

From watching the Rankin-GC game.. both teams beat the other one to a pulp
Rankins rbs and GCs qb and rb all came out with something. Looks like it affected all of them in the first round of the playoffs

From watching the Rankin-GC game.. both teams beat the other one to a pulp
Rankins rbs and GCs qb and rb all came out with something. Looks like it affected all of them in the first round of the playoffs
I agree the GC QB took a beating against Rankin I was surprised to see him tough it out and finish the game then bounce back and took it from Westbrook again the following week. One of Our running backs rested the following week and the other came in in the second quarter of the IRA game where he was used sparingly same story against Whiteface played until halftime but everyone is healthy when it counts I’m excited 😜!!!

I hope Westbrook has learned how to make extra points since the beginning of the season because they are going to need all of them today. Going to be a fun game to watch.

Back