Press conference

Tigerfan85

Six-man master
I said this before but it’s definitely worth repeating after watching WB press conference after the game. WB from top to bottom is nothing but class.

I’m not as familiar with Gordon but they were very classy as well in their interview. They definitely will have high expectations now. I’m sure they will handle it well. Congratulations

Coach Hayes did say more then once that Oglesby didn’t have a tough road to the championship and was a good but not a great team…..

Coach Hayes did say more then once that Oglesby didn’t have a tough road to the championship and was a good but not a great team…..
Oglesby helped Benjamin with this blowout more than Benjamin just dominating Oglesby. Halftime should have been a 1 possession game instead of a 4 possession game, and it was solely on Oglesby making atrocious bonehead plays right before halftime.

Oglesby helped Benjamin with this blowout more than Benjamin just dominating Oglesby. Halftime should have been a 1 possession game instead of a 4 possession game, and it was solely on Oglesby making atrocious bonehead plays right before halftime.
And you can't have those kinds of plays with Rigdon on the other side of the ball. No coming back 🤣🤣🤣

And you can't have those kinds of plays with Rigdon on the other side of the ball. No coming back 🤣🤣🤣
Benjamin definitely did not win because lucky breaks. Benjamin recovered 3 onside kicks they didn’t get, & a fumble. Oglesby is lucky they made it past halftime because the crew officiating was far below the average for jr high girls basketball. Benjamin was UNSTOPPABLE, they had gone to 4th down less than 5 times this year. Didn’t throw a single interception I believe. Fumbled less than 3 times all season. Not a single turnover on downs all year. Benjamin didn’t / don’t / won’t need lucky breaks. Hope they do it in basketball to. Definitely doable.

Benjamin definitely did not win because lucky breaks. Benjamin recovered 3 onside kicks they didn’t get, & a fumble. Oglesby is lucky they made it past halftime because the crew officiating was far below the average for jr high girls basketball. Benjamin was UNSTOPPABLE, they had gone to 4th down less than 5 times this year. Didn’t throw a single interception I believe. Fumbled less than 3 times all season. Not a single turnover on downs all year. Benjamin didn’t / don’t / won’t need lucky breaks. Hope they do it in basketball to. Definitely doable.
36-28 Oglesby on 1 yrd line, bad pitch scoop and score due to Oglesby 44-28. Onside kick that goes 12 yards no need to touch ball, Oglesby kid puts hand on ball (bonehead play) Benjamin jumps on ball of course Rigdon scores 52-28.... Those are Oglesby mistakes without Benjamin really causing them. Your fumble was due to your kid getting tackled and came lose, all the onside you claim are your biased opinion, Could have gone both ways. I do not think Oglesby would have ever stopped Benjamin or beat them, but they could have went blow for blow steadily getting behind because Benjamin kicker is awesome, and made the game more interesting without the self inflicted wounds that you cannot make against a team like Benjamin. Also #1 for Oglesby had his ankle rolled up on (looked bad on big screen) and wasn't ever the same. Benjamin no doubt the better tteam and no way would have lost but the score getting out of control was more to Oglesby self inflicted plays

I've said it all year...Newcastle is probably the most underrated team in D2. I honestly believe they were the 2nd best team in the state in their division. They played Benjamin closer than anyone and was extremely physical. With that said, they were still 28 points away. Pure domination by Benjamin this season. Congrats!
Newcastle wouldn't have beat Oglesby. Good team though.

Back