Rankin vs T-Rock

golfman1110":1mqf0vm0 said:
Regardless of the "it" factor games usually come down to turnovers and which defense can come up with some stops. I havent seen Rankin play this year but I have seen Throckmorton play and have had the pleasure of watching Coach Reed's teams over the years and they will be prepared both mentally and physically. It should be a great game and it stinks that all the great programs are out west this year. If I had to choose I would pick Throck to win it. They seem to be on a mission and an early season loss to me is a motivational factor. Good Luck Coach Reed!

Against Dallas the Covenent I didnt see much defense there. Sometimes it does come right down to who can make the stops, but I've seen Throck more times than not in a tough game be forced to win it in a shootout, not a defensive struggle. If Rankin can slow down the Throck offense, and get on the board most of their possessions because it will take that many times in order to beat Throck, I believe we will see an upset. Throck will make mistakes if you force them to. And when they do, you have to take advantage. Throck is probably one of the best teams to step on the gridiron this year. Other than RS, I don't see many teams that pound for pound have as much football talent on the sidelines. But all it takes is one down to turn the tide of a ball game.

hornkeeper12":1w0xhhpf said:
So what your saying is.... Iffin one of us tree lovin, no football playin, easterners WERE to win, its cause all yew sand eatin, monster beast, westerners wuz dun wore out from beatin up on each other. Pre-emptive excuses, I like it!
HA,
that's funny!

golfman1110":h2dws8qq said:
Regardless of the "it" factor games usually come down to turnovers and which defense can come up with some stops. I havent seen Rankin play this year but I have seen Throckmorton play and have had the pleasure of watching Coach Reed's teams over the years and they will be prepared both mentally and physically. It should be a great game and it stinks that all the great programs are out west this year. If I had to choose I would pick Throck to win it. They seem to be on a mission and an early season loss to me is a motivational factor. Good Luck Coach Reed!

Turnovers and extra points. If you don't have any of the former and convert on all of the latter, you have a decided edge in an otherwise close game.

twodollarbill":15vdhryx said:
Tallman":15vdhryx said:
My mind is made up queerbill. throck was not even the best team we played last year, that honor goes to Rankin. We just did not have any gas in the tank when we got to finals. Is that clear enough for you?
That being said.. They bested your team. No gas in the tank is just as good as any reason to be beat by a better team I suppose..
Sup with the name callin Genius? You out of your element with intelligent conversation?
Well you have heard "queer as a two dollar bill" haven't you. I'll just call you dos dineros. Everybody and their dog knows throck was no more an east team than Rankin. The idiots at UIL gave you a token team in the east so you wouldn't be completely worthless.

Tallman":3cvkisqf said:
twodollarbill":3cvkisqf said:
Tallman":3cvkisqf said:
My mind is made up queerbill. throck was not even the best team we played last year, that honor goes to Rankin. We just did not have any gas in the tank when we got to finals. Is that clear enough for you?
That being said.. They bested your team. No gas in the tank is just as good as any reason to be beat by a better team I suppose..
Sup with the name callin Genius? You out of your element with intelligent conversation?
Well you have heard "queer as a two dollar bill" haven't you. I'll just call you dos dineros. Everybody and their dog knows throck was no more an east team than Rankin. The idiots at UIL gave you a token team in the east so you wouldn't be completely worthless.

No. Never heard that expression (short history lesson to follow..)
Token Team? What about that other Token Team that won DII last year & year before. Or how bout the Token Team that won DI in 2008? No one (at least from the East) has called in to account the performance of the Championship Teams that have come out of the West (fans, that's another story). Remember, it is you and your ilk that started this "the East Is Not Worthy" crap.
If Throck is such a token team, why the mouthing about them in other threads?
Now for you history lesson. Pay attention, over the last couple days I'm affeared that your ability to understand simple logic is as rare as a brain cell in your head.
Various fake $3 bills have been released over time, generally poking fun at politicians or celebrities such as Richard Nixon, Michael Jackson, George W. Bush, both Bill and Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama in reference to the idiomatic expression "queer as a three-dollar bill" or "phony as a three-dollar bill"

.....and the Treasury has issued $2 bills as legal tender. I do believe you have used an inappropriate analogy........ Surprise, Surprise.............

Dumb as a post, yes. Rock no. Either one is appropriate here. Maybe I should check with Davey Rantsalot. He's been brushing up on his grammar; maybe his gramper too.................................

I believe Throck. has prove they can adapt to the so called smash mouth blood & guts style of the West??? You all had them BEAT last week against Water Valley and they 45 them. Rankin will be a very solid team as well as Valley and as Tallman likes to go around and make exucuse they just ran out of gas maybe they should condition a little more then that tank would stay full, Throck was the BETTER team last year and they have a title and a ring to prove it,and if the Good Lord above desires they will have another one if not we want walk around making excuse why we couldnt win!!!!! If Rankin wins hats off to them..... And if you all remember we graduated only one on our defence last year and 3 on offence and the young men that have step into them spot have been shining from week to week, all i have left to say is go GREYHOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back