Punting a field goal

I think the term you’re looking for is “drop kick”. Drop kicking is different than punting. A drop kick scores just like a place kick. A punt would not score any points and would be a touchback if it was from scrimmage.

But to answer your question, yes, I’ve seen a few drop kicks in sixman. I was even asked about it a couple times this year by coaches, but they never tried it in the game.

I think the term you’re looking for is “drop kick”. Drop kicking is different than punting. A drop kick scores just like a place kick. A punt would not score any points and would be a touchback if it was from scrimmage.

But to answer your question, yes, I’ve seen a few drop kicks in sixman. I was even asked about it a couple times this year by coaches, but they never tried it in the game.
If you are drop kicking does the place holder get to block?

I believe I had a game in Rule in 2021 against Wilson where they drop kicked. I don't recall if any were successful though, I want to say maybe one was.

Someone from Bryson can correct me on exactly when, but they had a drop-kicker that did all of their extra point kicking for at least two years in a row. This was about six years or so ago. The games that I saw that year he made about 75-80% of his kicks.

Im not sure...I know a few schools have had a kid try drop kicking in the recent past...Fort Hancock in one of their state championship seasons and maybe several dropkicked the extra points. A field goal? Im not sure but I think I saw a few mentions of that in the 1950s...not clue on what the longest drop kicked field goal would be but guessing it happened a long time ago

OK, true story. Cherokee at Sidney football year 1966. Close game, down to the last minute. Cherokee scores a TD which left them behind by 2 points. A play or two before they scored, their extra point kicker limped off the field with a leg injury. We are watching see who would trot on the field to try for the 2 points. There is this 110 pound freshman that sits down and pulls his shoes and socks off and trots onto the field and kicks a drop kick through the uprights for a 52-52 tie! That was the first drop kick that I saw in a game.

Someone from Bryson can correct me on exactly when, but they had a drop-kicker that did all of their extra point kicking for at least two years in a row. This was about six years or so ago. The games that I saw that year he made about 75-80% of his kicks.
I graduated from Bryson with him 2014-2018 he was drop kicking as a freshman on varsity if I’m not mistaken and also kicked are extra points and also drop kicked kick offs which most teams didn’t expect. Here’s a link to some of his drop
kicks on Hudl http://www.hudl.com/v/2JNd5H

Back