Predicted to be 45'd in Playoffs ... but Won!

The truth does hurt truthhurts. haha...

Rochelle beat Savoy by 46
Lometa beat Rochelle by 22
Gordon beat Lometa by 16

But as I inferred earlier... I don't care who was playing who in those weather conditions its dang near a crap shoot.
Savoy was able to make a little more out of nothing than Gordon and that was enough to win. That is all there was to it. They ran the clock (no passes) and the first half was over in probably 30 minuets or so. I believe it likely would have been the same sort of low scoring game if it had been May and Savoy, Blum and May, May and Crowell, Throck and Ira, Aledo and Southlake, Baylor and OK State, Dallas and Washington.... ect ect ect...

truthhurts04":1qqfxusf said:
Im sorry if I offend anyone but its a joke that Savoy is in the 3rd round! I watched them against Rochelle earlier in the year and Rochelle scored at will 54-8. Rochelle didn't even make it out of their district. May or Blum will end it at half against them next week.
.Hey that was week 0...a lot of things can happen during the season to a team...I'm sure they are better than they were then...Maybe...May and Blum will knock the heck out of each other...maybe field conditions will be bad again...in any case Savoy has earned the right to be in the third round...they were also predicted to get 45'd by Gordon...now you are predicting another against May or Blum....maybe...but they have to play the game...in time we will see...and that's why we play the game...

Uggg the fact of Gordon vs Savoy is a finished game. Yes it was horrible weather but Savoy won the game. Nothing is going to change that, it's done.

I posted it on the Prognosticator thread but figured I'd put it here too.

Reasons why Savoy is better than week 0:
1. At the beginning of the year they had not found who would gel at QB..then a soph stepped up who started the year as the third string QB and he has steadily improved
2. Had a very talented kid move in which gave them a 3 rd good running back
3. Got schooled by Gordon last year ...learned the lesson well
4. Extremely physical...they play very tough defense lately

And yes I think the weather helped Savoy tonight by hindering Gordon's speed some, but no Question that Savoy played inspired football. Biggest win in school history.

There is no doubt about it, Savoy earned the win.
Yeah, Gordon had bad weather to contend with. But it wasn't any warmer or drier on the other side of the field. The Cardinals came out and were motivated, and stayed that way. They saw their chance, and they took it, plain and simple.
Hats off to Savoy for doing what they needed to do to win.
Good luck against Blum or May.

Gordon beat a Lometa team that was without its best player. Thats football....but at full strength it would have been a district 9 rematch in the 3rd round.

truthhurts04":28xgciq7 said:
Im sorry if I offend anyone but its a joke that Savoy is in the 3rd round! I watched them against Rochelle earlier in the year and Rochelle scored at will 54-8. Rochelle didn't even make it out of their district. May or Blum will end it at half against them next week.

I generally stay away from public forum because I feel that coaches have no place to get involved in many of the discussions that take place on this board, however I will go to bat for our kids on this one. You are certainly entitled to believe what you choose about our presence in the final 8 teams in DI, however to refer to that as a joke defies the idea that our kids and coaches have worked hard to earn their spot in this position. What is going on here is the result of perseverance and dedication to a cause. We could have cashed it in early in the year when we fell on hard times, but our kids and coaches responded differently. Nobody gave us a chance to win last night, a position that we have become familiar with and quite honestly prefer. I know many people will point to weather as the deciding factor, but the reality of the situation is that both teams played on the same field in the same conditions. It's football in Texas and that's how it goes and our kids earned that win and deserve to have credit where it is due. Those same kids who won that ball game last night spent two years in 11 man football getting beat time and again, laying their bodies on the line to keep our football dreams alive, some nights finishing ball games with 10 kids. That dedication allowed us the opportunity to move to 6-man rather than having the plug pulled on the entire program and I assure you right now they, especially the seniors who started this program in the 6th grade, are more hungry than ever. No matter what happens next week, our kids and coaches will and should be proud of everything that has been accomplished over the past two years. Hats off to Coach Wilson, Coach Reynolds, Coach Lewis and all the Cardinals.

Coach Burkhalter
Athletic Director
Savoy High School
Cell: (903) 815-5244

Last time Savoy played at Springtown (11 man a few years ago) it was 100+ degrees, and one player had to leave the game with heatstroke. The conditions could not have been more totally opposite last night. One Savoy player was dealing with hypothermia after it was all over. Savoy and Gordon showed some toughness, and sportsmanship as well.

truthhurts04":a6mlf9xs said:
Haha this is funny! Your a idiot. Apparently it's not a joke! Two teams that were supposed to beat them are settin at home this coming weekend. The numbers on the scoreboard are all that matter at the end of the 4th quarter. If you can't take the disappointment of your team getting sent home early I would suggest other intrest for you. Maybe video games? You can hit the reset button every time you lose till you finally win....

SavoyFan":27lf0jq4 said:
truthhurts04":27lf0jq4 said:
Haha this is funny! Your a idiot. Apparently it's not a joke! Two teams that were supposed to beat them are settin at home this coming weekend. The numbers on the scoreboard are all that matter at the end of the 4th quarter. If you can't take the disappointment of your team getting sent home early I would suggest other intrest for you. Maybe video games? You can hit the reset button every time you lose till you finally win....

Let's see how good the taste in your mouth is after this weekend. You'll be on here spewing excuse after excuse as to why May Tigers whipped the Dog outta your team. (It's what we do)

SavoyFan":2zrysgvp said:
truthhurts04":2zrysgvp said:
He's not from Gordon. We don't make excuses. Yall were the better team that night and deserve to be still playing.

Well we have only three candidates for this rounds 45 predicted but beat'em anyhow scenario ...

The "SixMan Overcomer of the Odds Award winner".....Savoy

The Ole Kids from Matador.....Motley County

The One's in the Know....Sugar Land Logos Prep

hornkeeper12":159zewq3 said:
SavoyFan":159zewq3 said:
truthhurts04":159zewq3 said:
He's not from Gordon. We don't make excuses. Yall were the better team that night and deserve to be still playing.
Yes, I didn't think he was.

twodollarbill":1010c9x0 said:
SavoyFan":1010c9x0 said:
truthhurts04":1010c9x0 said:

Let's see how good the taste in your mouth is after this weekend. You'll be on here spewing excuse after excuse as to why May Tigers whipped the Dog outta your team. (It's what we do)
I don't believe I ever made a prediction on the savoy-may game? And if may does win I won't be giving excuses. And I suspect if you do get past savoy your party will be over if you make it far enough to meet the boys from Ira!
And as far as that's what you'll do!!!! Lol apparently not on a regular basis! The last time you'll made it past bi-district was 16 years ago! Lol

but all it takes is one good year to win a championship...if all the intangibles fall your way and some how the mighty fall....Are there any David and Goliath's out there?

Back