Cougar4life":epq01201 said:
I believe I would pick Glenview to win it all again in 2007. It seems that

have a couple key players returning and by the look of it by looking at

their state game photos from last year, they have a large team which is

helpful becuase most D2 schools do not have that many players to give

them fresh legs. I will be looking for some upsets this year though. By the

way I heard a rumor that Glenview and Fredricksburg might be moving

up to D1 after this year. Is this true?

I've heard those rumors, too. I'll wait to hear what happens in September.

Based on the number of kids Glenview suited up against us (28), I have to think that they are going to be in D-1 numbers, but in TAPPS, realignment is based on the average of your past two years enrollment (for 2008-2010 it will be the 2006-7 and 2007-8 years), so remember in a GROWING school, that number will trail the current enrollment (2008-9).

Fredericksburg may be on the bubble. They're around 50 HS kids right now and growing (again, see note above). They're also in the process of building a new school in the next couple years on the southside of town (easier access for Kerrville area kids). But I figure once everyone realizes that Tim Shipman does everything with smoke and mirrors (and Robert Ramsey), they'll realize that he isn't that smart of a coach and will all look for better places to send their kids. Like maybe buy new homes in Seguin.

Seriously, Heritage has in the past (maybe not last year, but certainly in 2005) suited up EVERY boy enrolled in the school for football. Wish we could be as fortunate (although we may end up with 15-18 kids this fall, assuming a couple real talented transfers come through...but I usually take the ol' Thomas theory on transfers ... when I put my fingers in the holes and the hands in the side, I believe ...)

John T.

nice grouping their doggie. me thinks though that joshua may surprise some people with their new addition. and a big one it is. it seems the jolly big man from that 'happy hill' has moved closer to cleburne. they could be very fun to watch this season.

mudcat22":3eak2ytv said:
nice grouping their doggie. me thinks though that joshua may surprise some people with their new addition. and a big one it is. it seems the jolly big man from that 'happy hill' has moved closer to cleburne. they could be very fun to watch this season.

Okay, mudcat ... Let's make it official. Brad Clanton told me this past week that he's principal, AD and head coach at Joshua Christian.

Congrats to Brad and it's a great addition to Joshua!

"Tim Shipman does everything with smoke and mirrors (and Robert Ramsey)"

I'm sure he enjoyed that comment! So what does Heritage have for a team besides Ramsey this year? I noticed they are ranked #2, so i figure they must have another one of those good teams. Does anyone know if the Blum game will be worth trying to go to?

meangreen74":3einls5i said:
"Tim Shipman does everything with smoke and mirrors (and Robert Ramsey)"

I'm sure he enjoyed that comment! So what does Heritage have for a team besides Ramsey this year? I noticed they are ranked #2, so i figure they must have another one of those good teams. Does anyone know if the Blum game will be worth trying to go to?

For those not in on the joke, I have been doing nothing but razzing my good friend and brother Tim Shipman for years. We have never been able to beat those folks in four years (although they stole a win here last year) and this is my only chance to throw little stones against the big fence.

Heritage will still be a power in the district and state. Glenview has to be the hands-down favorite, but we got a lot of football to play between now and December.

John

Meangreen, by your screen name I assume you are referring to Saturday's scrimmage. 1st stringer is just fine. No major problems and should play this Friday. I don't think Div-II is that lucky. Besides the second string QB is a All-Stater on both sides of the ball. NO WORRIES>>

If you are not referring to Saturday's scrimmage, then my mistake.

Hope that answers your question.

No actually the screen name is North Texas. I hadn't heard about the scrimmage i was referring to the loss of Hall, but your answer works anyways.

Back