PRE-Season Rankings 13-14

MV_23":21v6vbui said:
No sir this is Michael Valencias big brother but my dad does use my blog sometimes and my brothers # is 25 .... jus proud of him he works really hard to achieve his goals!!!!!
I think they are just giving you a hard time. I agree, he is quite the stud. And showed a lot of heart in the Gordon game when he just refused to quit. You SHOULD be proud!!!!!

Time for a change to pre season ranking. Several people have said Borden Co. lost their best player to another school for 11 man football. Take them down a little to maybe 14 or so. They're still good , but that will hurt them alot.

If I had a re-do

15. Paducah ... blessed with tons of athletes, talent and a new desire for winning
14. Borden County... may of graduated and lost key talent, but coaching along with a winning tradition will keep them in the hunt.
13. Petersburg ... Lost key players but bring back a stud of a QB and a decent backfield and an awesome little athlete in Griffin.
12.Zephyr .... Is usually always in the mix, So I'll toss them 12 bones.
11. Grady ... Should bring back enough to overtake Klondike and a young Borden County unit.
10. Oakwood ... Lost a very good tailback but will be once again blessed with tons of talented athletes and playing in the East helps.
9. Rankin ... Had a great run in 2012. Look for the Red Devils to once again continue that deep playoff run
8. Santa Anna ... Will probably bring back the most talented spread back in D-I. That's enough to beat most.
7. Crowell ... L Bond and crew will have the wildcats thinking playoffs once again.
6. Abbott Coach Crawford always has Abbott in the mix. Look for them to represent the East. They will have some growing pains early with their youth.
5. Ira ... From one morris leaving to another morris waiting in the lights. The bulldogs will be a VERY TOUGH team come playoff time.
4. Gordon ... I put them ahead of Abbott but I think in the long run Abbott will over take the Horns in the playoffs.
3. Throckmorton ... Just the name alone is enough to put them here.
2. Valley ... This name V-A-L-L-E-Y itself will call on all partriots to play hard. Losing Buchanan will hurt but they won't miss a beat.
1. Water Valley ... From what I've read and heard... This team should represent the West.

Kramer, you already made a post. You can't go back and redo another one.

Are we still on for our road trips to catch some game.

Game one is on my gas....
Petersburg vs. Throckmorton at Jayton

Dogface2":2exjyxac said:
Actually,
I'd have to argue that playing Throck
isn't cost effective.
They offered to feed and split the gate.
That ought to buy gas at least.

Problem is, Dogface, some of these schools have principals, administrators and parents who don't like taking day-long trips for early season Friday night games. If there are adequate numbers of schools within 100 miles (especially in the central part of the state), that's where your schedule will probably come from.

As for strength of schedule, well, it's an awfully subjective thing.

While I realize most of us in private schools don't play as tough a schedule as our public school friends (although there are some that do -- Abliene Christian and Dallas Covenant come to mind fairly quickly), I remember getting a lot of guff from folks that Seguin Lifegate had a pretty easy schedule last year.

Well, that was until week 10 when I figured out that 6 of our 10 opponents made it to the playoffs, and those 6 teams had a record of 37-19; with six of those losses to us. Take those out and it's 37-13, and that's a 74% winning percentage. I'd call that a tough schedule. Oh yeah, our four playoff wins were all by 45; the first two done at half (one a team with only 1 loss, I believe), the third taking 10 seconds in the third quarter and the finals win took a 2 or 3 minute drive after taking the second half kickoff against the defending champion.

freeagent":3svoeo3s said:
Blue Bird":3svoeo3s said:
I kind of feel sorry for Shannon Williams. If all of your expectations for Zephyr is for them to be a top ten team, imagine what the expectations are for the Zephyr fans after reading these posts and the DCTF. It would be hard to live up to those expectations if he was starting out with an experienced group. He is basically rebuilding and I'm sure welcomes the challenge, but too much expectations can be bad for a coach come rehiring time.

Maybe Shannon can do the rounds at all the Walmarts and stores within a 50 mile run of Zephyr and buy up all the copies before the locals find out ...

Just kidding.
Are there any wal marts within a 50 mile range of zephyr?

Dogface2":3uvsn8bh said:
What does the gate bring in on a good night?

Hey, I've seen a couple games where the gate would have been better if we let everyone in for free and charged them to get out ...

Back