pre-DCTF picks

It appears Jonesboro and Zephyr got it all together at the right time and had a heck of a shoot-out last night. Hat's off to both teams. One key player can sure make a difference.
Congrats to Evant as well.

What a wild finish
Evant 52. Jonesboro 40
Lometa 66, Zephyr 44

District Records
Evant 2-1
Jonesboro 2-1
Lometa 1-2
Zephyr 1-2

Way to go Elks
Thank you Lometa

Johnny South":2h9ty8up said:
They were good. In the championship game they defeated the Richland Springs team that had two future NFL players on it, by the score of 14-6.
Johnny South, at an earlier date, you brought up the Evant '54 championship team defeating RS.
Then last night you asked the following question:
"It was reported tonight that the Richland Springs Coyotes have now won 17 straight District Championships, and have won 73 straight District games. Are either or both of these feats a record?"
The '54 game was a bi-district game played after both teams had won their first district championship.
There is a write up for that game from the San Saba News on Lonestarfootball.
As is evident from your question, RS has won a ton of district championships since then.
Last night was Evant's second football district championship in the history of the school.
Third trip to the playoffs (finished 2nd in 2004)
First in Six-Man

Not surprised that Evant beat Jonesboro, the Lometa game was a gift but Zephyr was injured and Lometa is now slouch. as earlier mentioned by someone they could be a spoiler just didn't know it would be Zephyr as the victim

Can you tell me if Evant had any players injured in the Richland Springs game.
Evant was up 22-20 in the 2nd quarter and then it was lights out, RS put up 51 unanswered points.

I never really got a feel for Jonesboro's team this year. I based a lot on the Zephyr game, but found out
Zephyr was handicapped the last half. I believe all the district teams must have struggled with injuries this year.
Just a gut feel.

no injuries vs RS. Evant had a hangover from triple overtime with Blum. Evant doesn't match up well with RS they are very physical, Evant is speed. They just kinda beat them up

Jonesboro lost a lot of seniors, very young team In the past they always had a stud to rely on, they just don't really have that. Lilljedahl just cant fill the bill. good kid but lacks burst of speed to make big plays. they just don't have a playmaker

Back