pre-DCTF picks

The DCTF picks are as follows:

McLean
White Deer
Valley
Miami

DCTF gets the top two in all of the sixman districts right about 80% of the time. So if they are right on these picks, my question is, when was the last time Valley did not make the playoffs? And have they ever not made the playoffs since joining the sixman ranks?

Oh, and the top two in the district as in who makes the playoffs, not who finishes first and second.

Where the game is played might make a difference, but probably not. The beat down that White Deer took from Mclean last year makes this years game almost a given.

McLean
Valley
White Deer
Miami

McLean is too loaded and have a great coaching staff.
I’ll give the edge to Valley for the second spot at the moment. This team reloads every year no matter who is out there and tends to buckle down around district.
White Deer is right on the outside looking in, but they’re oh so close for that second spot. They definitely won’t roll over. I’ll be there for the WD and Valley showdown.

I was in Jayton and got to watch all three top teams play. Valley is not the smash-mouth team that I saw for years in Hico. If they went into district play right now it will be McLean, White Deer and Valley in that order. Valley depended on big play jump balls thrown to their tall receiver against Anton 5'6" to 5'7" defenders. That won"t happen with McLean or White Deer.

tdog5344":xw2lqxwr said:
Can Mclean stay on the field with whitedeer??
Can White Deer stay on the field with McLean? It’ll be a repeat of last year. I know WD is no push over, but McLean beats White Deer. I’d put my house on it.

White Deer has too many good players for the game with McLean to end at the half, but unless White Deer catches some brecks it will end sometime in the second half.

Back