Playoffs 2015

Can I give my two cents worth? First I have no idea why each district is different in dictating tie breakers. I think D3 does it based off points allowed in district or similar. I don't think they use the same formula as D1 with a points system. More points given for playing and beating a bad public school team then beating a good private. Makes no sense to me. Why doesn't TAPPS make it uniformed across the state.

Now that being said at this point of the playoffs I don't see it really matters who won their district. Seems like they are all deserving. No one with more than 2 losses.

I've made my prediction not that anyone is asking but I am picking BC. They are big big big and have several kids with speed. I am hoping the undersized Watauga team can pull off the victory. I think they are the smallest team remaining in the playoffs.

Watauga has some big kids as well.
#9 and #4 are both pretty good size boys. #88 is no slouch either.
I think the main difference here is that Baytown will flat out smack you. The game I went to those kids hit and hit hard. Their backs run the ball with authority and one of them is super stout! They had 3-4 different backs which made it hard to key on any play or any specific person. Good luck to anyone trying to prepare for those guys.
Either way I think its alot closer than everyone thinks. Should be an exciting game.
ohhhhh.. RT you must be one SMART fella!!! LOL

So, according to this site's spreads:
Pasadena by 33 over Giddings
Rockwall by 30 over Emery
Watauga by 28 over Baytown
Midland by 45 over AHC

Pigskin Prep has:
Pasadena by 28
Emery by 4
Watauga by 1
Midland by 12

Pigskin is more real. Sixman's spreads are all over the place. Have been since week one.

I have:
Pasadena, easiest road to the semis
Emery in a close one
Baytown
Austin Hill Country in a close one

I am on the AHC train but everyone keeps saying they are banged up. I don't have any insight on them so I wouldn't know. Anyone have any info on them? Not to ruin any game plans or anything.. just injuries that any team up there would know that they had prior to this weeks preparation?

If AHC is still banged up after three weeks of no contests, they must be in bad shape. If this is the case, Midland wins depending on hurt key players.

They played their toughest district game right out of the gate with Giddings State then cruised with 3 of the easier district opponents and then 3 weeks rest. They should be ready to roll and well rested.

I am changing my pick of Baytown over Harvest. I now see how Harvest is a 28 point favorite over Baytown on sixman.com
I watched highlight film on Maxpreps
The Harvest fans do a great job of playing the underdog role but they are for real
Size: 2 kids plus 200 pounds
#6 best spread back in the state
#9 best receiver in the state
#22 center great pass option
#4 tough kid
This is my pick by 28!

Watauga looks solid given what they have put on Max Preps. A solid team with good coaches. It'll be interesting how they match up with Baytown.

Yall make sure to keep us updated on game progress.

Cougar1414":2choh1t0 said:
I am changing my pick of Baytown over Harvest. I now see how Harvest is a 28 point favorite over Baytown on sixman.com
I watched highlight film on Maxpreps
The Harvest fans do a great job of playing the underdog role but they are for real
Size: 2 kids plus 200 pounds
#6 best spread back in the state
#9 best receiver in the state
#22 center great pass option
#4 tough kid
This is my pick by 28!

I was thinking the same thing... Harvest fans keep saying they are the underdog here and looking at it on paper and rankings, I just don't see it. That spread back is quick

Emery vs Rockwall
I am going with Emery
Winner advances to semis I am going with Emery
Midland vs Baytown
Don't know a lot about Midland but I have seen Baytown play. Not sure how they got pass Harvest? I was shocked to see how much news coverage and video clips of the midland team on on the internet they are a very proud team and well deserving team. I'm sure they will be picked to win by a lot and it is deserving. I see a match up of midland and first baptist in the finals

Rockwall vs Emery will be a better game than most people are thinking, I believe Emery will give them a good
Look and probably surprise everyone with a win.
As far as Midlland... They blew out AHC and look to be a heavy favorite over Baytown. I would think Midland will be favored by 18. That being said I'm not sure what happened last night at the Baytown vs Watauga game. I have been trying to get some idea of what happened. I was thinking maybe #6 either got hurt or was not healthy. If he played then Midland should be very concerned about a baytown team that by looks of scoreboard dominated Watauga. Any info guys?

Thats three representatives from District Three in the State semi-finals. I think the "best district in TAPPS Division 1" had been settled.

Back