Playoffs 2015

Thanks lou!
I would think midland is favored heavily in this one.
I will be pulling for AHC as they are my sleeper pick to take state this year.
Anyone else think they have a strong shot vs midland?
Go eagles!

no doubt midland should win big and are the big favorite.
Just looking for a underdog upset in round 2. Could Possibly be baytown also but watauga spread back is tough to stop.

I am going with AHC. I think they are underrated. With a 9 – 1 record, they are doing something right. They have one loss to Abbot (8 – 2 UIL Division 1) team and they handled Logos Prep pretty good. Midland is a good team. They finished 3th in a very strong district. Midland has the resources to win, but I am going with AHC.

Today's game
FBCA - 56 (it might be 58)
Red Oak Ovilla - 8

I was a bit surprised by Watauga against Katy. Great coaches, fans and players on both sides. I was impressed with the character of both teams. Regarding the game itself, you guys were right - #32 is probably the best running back I've seen in 6 man. I'm relatively new to 6 man football (just our third year) but he is good. He has great vision and very "slippery" when being tackled. I was taking pics on the Katy side of the field and talked with several of the parents who were also taking pics. I talked with #32's mom (his name is Cort Laird) and she said he has a scholarship to play at Mary Hardin Baylor. I'm more proud of the character of the boys on both teams but proud of Cort being able to move on. Blessings to you men and your boys. Praying for hard fought, clean games with no injuries.

bbrav54":13jub3ti said:
I am going with AHC. I think they are underrated. With a 9 – 1 record, they are doing something right. They have one loss to Abbot (8 – 2 UIL Division 1) team and they handled Logos Prep pretty good. Midland is a good team. They finished 3th in a very strong district. Midland has the resources to win, but I am going with AHC.

Today's game
Red Oak Ovilla - 8

You may want to check you facts? I believe that there were a three way tie for District Champs Midland,Watauga,and Rockwall.

Proudofkids, I agree Katy is a great team and #32 is very good. Great group top to bottom. Not trying to take anything away from #32 or his mom, but if he is going to UMHB they can't offer athletic scholarships. DIII schools are not allowed by NCAA rules. I do think he is good enough to play DII on scholarship. Seemed like a really good hard nosed player who played the game the right way. It was worth the price of admission to watch him play. Good luck at the next level.

Chargers":1tgvxvyy said:
bbrav54":1tgvxvyy said:

Today's game
Red Oak Ovilla - 8

You may want to check you facts? I believe that there were a three way tie for District Champs Midland,Watauga,and Rockwall.

Happy first post. Why don't you check your facts before asking someone else to check theirs? There are no ties for first in district play. District Record/Head to Head/Wildcard Points.

TAPPS Div 1 Dist 1

1. Rockwall
2. Midland
3. Watauga
4. Ovillia
5. Abilene
6. Dallas Lutheran

Good luck in post #2.

Sorry ‘RollTide14’ I was using Sixmanfootball.com district standing. I don’t understand your comment ‘Good luck in post #2’.

TAPPS DI DISTRICT 1
Rockwall Heritage - 1st
Watauga Harvest - 2 cd
Midland Trinity - 3rd
Red Oak Ovilla Christian
Abilene Christian
Dallas Lutheran

bbrav, the response was meant for Charger. Sorry for the confusion.

Since we know what the real standings in Dist 1 are, I do believe that Watauga is the clear champ in Dist 1, even though they had a couple of less wildcard points than Midland and Rockwall. But, hats off to Rockwall for acquiring the points during their season...

RollTide14":net2n1jl said:
Chargers":net2n1jl said:
bbrav54":net2n1jl said:

Today's game
Red Oak Ovilla - 8

Happy first post. Why don't you check your facts before asking someone else to check theirs? There are no ties for first in district play. District Record/Head to Head/Wildcard Points.

TAPPS Div 1 Dist 1

1. Rockwall
2. Midland
3. Watauga
4. Ovillia
5. Abilene
6. Dallas Lutheran

Good luck in post #2.
Read what's in the first post SMART one. They said Midland finished 3rd and that not true. It's a 3way tie for the district SMART one. The seeding for the playoffs is what you stated SMART one. So let me help you, for playoffs they looked at the wild card points which pushes Watauga out then to head to head which Rockwall beat Midland and that gave Rockwall first seed for the playoffs. Now call TAPPS and ask about that SMART one

Hey Cougar, I am not familiar with head to head points, but now I am. I just went by what Sixmanfootball.com said. It was my bad…Sorry…So lets move on to antoher topic....

Do you think BC will beat Watauga?

Chargers, you still have it backwards but lets move on like bbrav states. I hit a nerve obviously. Check TAPPS rule under section 133. Just want to clarify for thise who are confused about district ties. The district actually has control over the steps take to alleviate the tie. My post above states those steps in order of proper execution. *done and moving on*
So Cougar, answer bbrav - who wins between Baytown v Watauga???

Back