Playoff picture for division 2

Let the games begin!!!! SC will have a cake walk this week against Trent, don't let their record fool you they have not played anyone all year and the only good player they had graduated last year.... LETS GO EAGLES!!!

loyaleagle":14pp8ofz said:
Let the games begin!!!! SC will have a cake walk this week against Trent, don't let their record fool you they have not played anyone all year and the only good player they had graduated last year.... LETS GO EAGLES!!!

While I do believe SC will win, I don't see a cake walk. SC is a little down from last year and Trent is as good or better. I think this might end up a fairly close game (20pts or less)

Jonesboro was better last year...they had a RB with speed...this year they might have better blocking but slower backs...RS ends it on Jonesboro....I dont believe RS will be tested this year! The best games will be between everyone else to see who gets 45ed by RS.

I've seen Jonesboro play and they are big and physical, run the tight offense effectively and have some athleticism ,can they beat RS????? I doubt they can stop the RS offense, But I do believe they are Physical enough to give RS some trouble stopping the Jonesboro offense. I believe a 20-25 point RS win is reasonable. After Lohn put 22 points on RS I would say reasonable.

I doubt very seriously if it was the first team that Lohn put up 22 points against. I wasn't there, but by the updates I was getting, it seemed as if RS pulled their starters and that is when they stopped scoring every 30 seconds and Lohn got on the board.

Jboro was big and physical last year with a better RB where did that get them? Do your research before you enter foot into mouth...Lohns KO return scored 22 pts against RS's 2nd team...or thats what my inside info tells me. Just be ready for my I told ya so in about a month!

Look I agree that RS is the best team in D2, and for sure top 3 over all, maybe tops there. But are they as good as they have been in the past several years...........? I have nothing to gain or lose by them winning or losing, Jboro either. No team that I support is going to play either of them so my observation is not from a passion perspective. I give an opinion based on what I see on the field and by how many points a team puts on another team. RS is truly a great team so will I be surprised if they are in the State Championship game, no, but are there teams who could give them a better game than in the past? I believe it's possible. RS only has to worry about keeping there main player healthy. If they stay healthy they should be in the big game again. I actually believe that there are more teams at the top this year who are more vulnerable than top teams from past years. The level of competition has gotten better in some districts. That hope or possibility is what keeps us talking about six man. If the same teams were the best every year and no one had a chance to play them better or maybe even sneak a win any given week, what would there be to talk about. Things sometimes have a gray area, you have to allow for that. The game is not all about who 45's who, it's about winning every week, no matter the score. If you're the State Champ and you barely won every game,........... you're still the State Champ. All those scores don't matter.

dawgfan23":2so8sb22 said:
it's about winning every week, no matter the score. If you're the State Champ and you barely won every game,........... you're still the State Champ. All those scores don't matter.

Possibly the most succinct post I have read on this board in ____ days! (weeks).

I've got to disagree with you on this one, rainjack. Sterling City wins the honor of being the victim for Richland Springs and that's really what it is. Whomever takes on RS in the championship game is merely the sacrificial lamb. Ohhh the humanity.

WV Backer":aj06lq0h said:
I've got to disagree with you on this one, rainjack. Sterling City wins the honor of being the victim for Richland Springs and that's really what it is. Whomever takes on RS in the championship game is merely the sacrificial lamb. Ohhh the humanity.
or the inhumanity.......

dawgfan23":3kxvh1mi said:
I've seen Jonesboro play and they are big and physical, run the tight offense effectively and have some athleticism ,can they beat RS????? I doubt they can stop the RS offense, But I do believe they are Physical enough to give RS some trouble stopping the Jonesboro offense. I believe a 20-25 point RS win is reasonable. After Lohn put 22 points on RS I would say reasonable.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the 22 points Lohn scored on Richland Springs. Lohn rushed 22 times for 57 yards and completed 4 passes for -5 yards. The score was 52-0 when they scored their first touchdown with 7:16 left in the half. Garbage time points

EastTXNewbie":3aia1w5b said:
Jonesboro was better last year...they had a RB with speed...this year they might have better blocking but slower backs...RS ends it on Jonesboro....I dont believe RS will be tested this year! The best games will be between everyone else to see who gets 45ed by RS.

I have to disagree with you. from what i hear last year the entire team relied on one player to do all the work. Now it seems like Jonesboro is actually working as a team. there defense has no doubt improved, what is this there 4th shutout in a row? And there offense. is at least 3x better than what i hear it was last year. Iv seen these boys play 5 times so far. and let me tell you. they have a nice mixture of power, speed, and agility. they got them big boys on the line that have done a great job blocking. there 2 running backs. #7 which his main weapon is power. and 21 which his main weapon is speed. and then there QB who has a great arm and is a great lead blocker who is fast and aggressive. now with all that being said i say again, i don't think Jonesboro will be too much for Richland springs. i really like Jonesboro. but i cant lie about my true opinion

Da_boss, do you think hedley will make it to playoffs in first, i know when they played miami they only had one of their starting running backs but are they prepared for Groom? I would like to see Lefors and Hedley in a rematch because it should be a good game.

I just don't think that Jonesboro has really played any type of powerhouse team this year, other than Strawn, to rate them. They are a good team, i think a little over ranked.

People, people, people. Thare ain't no slam dunks here. Yew fellers all seem to think it iz jest a cake walk fer Richland. Thare ain't no cake walks here. It iz hard, hard, hard to win a state champeeonchip. Yew gotz to have a lot of stuff fall jest rite.

Back