Places to eat in Abilene

Kinda depends on what you want; Abuelo's, 4782 South 14th Street. is one my favorites for Mexican food. Joe Allen's for steak. Lytle land & Cattle is just down the road from Shotwell. Don't know if Spano's is still open but it was great Italian.

Then there are the Concessions at Shotwell...........................................

Belle's Chicken Dinner House at the very end of Ambler Ave. is really good, and so is Rick and Carolyn's Burgers on the corner of Ambler and Treadaway. These are both locally owned restaurants that have a real good home-cooked taste. Most of the big chain restaurants are off of the Southwest and Buffalo Gap exits from highway 83.

That Mexican food joint that Mr Hardin recommended last year wasn't bad. I can't remember the name if the place. It was on the north side of the interstate at the first exit west of the exit for Shotwell.

oldfat&bald":j2c1r3pr said:
That Mexican food joint that Mr Hardin recommended last year wasn't bad. I can't remember the name if the place. It was on the north side of the interstate at the first exit west of the exit for Shotwell.

Oscar's - across the road from Wal-Mart. Good stuff.

Shane":3e4vhep8 said:
oldfat&bald":3e4vhep8 said:

That's it. It was good food.

THere was an Asian Buffet on the loop that was great. It has been several years and the dog and cat population may have gone down. But it was very good.

Vista":13e8mqto said:
Is Joe Allen's Bar-BQ still around?

Yes. It's moved around the corner. It's next to where Cahoots used to be on E.S. 11th Street, just east of Treadaway. The old Joe Allen's building on Treadaway has been torn down.

Copper Creek...it's right off the loop and has some of the best food in Abilene.

Beehive Saloon...downtown, their handcut steaks are definately the best that Abilene has to offer.

You can never go wrong with Joe Allen's (ES11th) or Sharon's (E Hwy 80) for BBQ (although they might get mad at me mentioning them in the same sentence together lol).

Outback Steakhouse...I know the owner/management very well, and this is one of the best run restaurants that you will find anywhere, when it comes to the customer. If you have a big party, call ahead and they will be more than happy to accommodate you, and they do it well. The management will personally make sure that every person in your group leaves satisfied. (Ridgemont Dr. right next to the mall)

oldfat&bald":2ots1m0c said:
Shane":2ots1m0c said:
oldfat&bald":2ots1m0c said:

That's it. It was good food.

Thought I might go here after the late game for a libation or two (have a cheap hotel close by) but I called and they close at 10:00. Maybe supper between games after we check in.

Back