Place to get Married in 6-Man Towns

The cross at Groom is really hard to beat. It is one of the largest crosses in the western hemisphere. It is amazing to see at night. One of our coach's daughters is getting married there this weekend.

Leman Saunders":1nq90nsu said:
Just curious...what are the best places to get married within the 6-man community??? Who has the best (most beautiful, or historic) churches...eating, catering, reception possibilities???

This is way off football but I noticed that Blackwell is doing some work on their Methodist Church and it made me wonder....
As if there is a "good" place to get married. Pick somewhere really pretty so that when you think back to doomsday, at least there is a pretty picture to accompany your thought.

After much thought, I believe the best choice would be HHR&WPC&SWW. There's crawdads for cowboy to play with and we can show some of you West Texas & Panhandle boys plenty of water. I would imagine some have only seen pictures of it so it would be educational. Not to mention the trees. Those are tall green things that provide shade.

topher80":1if7w37t said:
Never understood why men kept bashing marriage............

Ancient-Aliens-Meme-Hair-Guy-0131-600x630.jpg

Well...she's already let me travel 1500 miles to go to some All-Star Games so I'd say that makes her a keeper.

I asked Mary's Cafe in Strawn if they did catering...they do not...so Strawn is off the table...not to sure about an outside venue, but San Saba does look good

Let me know if y'all want to take a look at various venues around San Saba. I'll grease the skids for you. They even let me have keys to the church here for some reason. We even have banjo pickin pastor.

Ah the venues of SS, mountain lion whipping a deers butt " for pics", Hibbetts cow killin shop, the Drive In theater is a treat. If she likes pecans you've hit the jackpot. The big metal armadillo"for pics", have her register at Alco. And last but not least.......rattle a case of iced down beer and meet TLJ......

We've been discussing this subject on the Newby thread. You ought to get married on the field during a game at halftime. That would fit you well Leman.

I don't know much about it. I've only been married once. I think you might be better off going the traditional route....... Now cowboy can give lots of advice, he's been married a bunch of times.............

I've met one of the first 3, if that one wasn't crazy enough, then #4 should be considered certifiably insane.....

Oh she was certified when she said I do!!!!!

hornkeeper12":1x0zi3f8 said:
I've met one of the first 3, if that one wasn't crazy enough, then #4 should be considered certifiably insane.....

Oh she was certified when she said I do!!!!!
You've met one of them?!? You live within shouting distance of my first ex.

Back