Place to get Married in 6-Man Towns

Leman Saunders

Six-man expert
Just curious...what are the best places to get married within the 6-man community??? Who has the best (most beautiful, or historic) churches...eating, catering, reception possibilities???

This is way off football but I noticed that Blackwell is doing some work on their Methodist Church and it made me wonder....

Not really Sixman but San Saba's Methodist church is beautiful. Only all marble Methodist church in the US. Has a rotunda, beautiful stained glass and will be observing the 100th anniversary of the building. The church itself is 150+ yo.

smokeyjoe53":3nrxf1ev said:
Not really Sixman but San Saba's Methodist church is beautiful. Only all marble Methodist church in the US. Has a rotunda, beautiful stained glass and will be observing the 100th anniversary of the building. The church itself is 150+ yo.

Surrounded by 6 man towns

Getting married Lehman?..... San Saba Also has the historic "Wedding Oak". Several weddings have been held here recently and Wedding Oak Winery can provide some catering...................... We might could get the Yellow Duck to help cater.......

Then there's always the ever popular Holland Hill Racquet & Washer Pitching Club &
School for Wayward Women.....................................................................

smokeyjoe53":aver34xy said:
Getting married Lehman?..... San Saba Also has the historic "Wedding Oak". Several weddings have been held here recently and Wedding Oak Winery can provide some catering...................... We might could get the Yellow Duck to help cater.......

Yep, and the Coyote Trailer could be there selling "I married a Coyote " T-shirts.

smokeyjoe53":v1y0funo said:
Then there's always the ever popular Holland Hill Racquet & Washer Pitching Club &
School for Wayward Women.....................................................................
If some of our girls saw folks getting married
before they...
well, you know,
they would be so confused.
jus sayin'.

Well Doggy you are the warden I mean coach of our roundballers so it is your
duty to instruct these young ladies in the finer points of social etiquette.

That's not what I heard 'em calling you.... Something like the offspring of a female canine.......... but you are
Coach Dogface so I just figured it was a term of endearment.

Strawn has a nice chapel.
It's an old renovated Presb. church.
Big yard and small covered area too.

If you're serious
then,
there's always Mary's.
jus sayin'.

My wife got tired of reading this board and our insanity, so I can say this without much fear for my life.

DON'T DO IT! RUN WHILE YOU CAN. SHE'LL NEVER LET YOU GO TO GAMES YOU WANT TO GO TO. AND YOU'LL BE BROKE AS HADES ALL THE TIME.

oldfat&bald":19ub0xnp said:
My wife got tired of reading this board and our insanity, so I can say this without much fear for my life.

DON'T DO IT! RUN WHILE YOU CAN. SHE'LL NEVER LET YOU GO TO GAMES YOU WANT TO GO TO. AND YOU'LL BE BROKE AS HADES ALL THE TIME.

My wife had better not get a text from you Doc WeeWee.

oldfat&bald":2ah953hp said:
oldfat&bald":2ah953hp said:

My wife had better not get a text from you Doc WeeWee.
Too late.....

Cook's Fish Barn will cater up to about one hundred miles. They are located on hwy 36 in Northwest Comanche County. They are in the Sidney ISD.

Dogface2":1q4cm3wh said:
smokeyjoe53":1q4cm3wh said:
If some of our girls saw folks getting married
before they...
well, you know,
they would be so confused.
jus sayin'.[/quote

I was going thru the little east texas town of Marquez on the way to Bossier City a couple of years ago, it was during the Texas HS girls basketball playoffs. Stopped at a convenience store, on the front glass windows was painted in BIG BOLD BRITE letters " Our girls WILL GO all the WAY ". There was a lady behind the counter so i told her, in RS we would never advertise for our girls, she gave me a funny Huh look so i told her go read your window, which she slowly did. She slips out with " Oh $h17 and starts laughing.. True story boys

The Mule Lip Bar in Mingus would be a good place to check out for a celebration and if that didn't seem like the spot, you could check out the Trio Club right down the street a couple blocks which is available to rent. Mingus would place you right in the heart of the six man football world, between Gordon and Strawn. Can't beat that or them.

Back