Picks for Final Four TAPPS div II ?

Ok, I'll bite
My picks would be
Covenant Classical and Lucas Christian in the North
First Baptist and Conroe Covenant in the South
With Covenant Classical and First Baptist meeting in Waco
But any of the four are capable of winning it all

Haven’t seen much of the northern teams but I’ve seen both of the teams from the south play in person a couple times this year and FBCA shouldn’t have any issue with anyone in their division. It would honestly shock me. They have a very talented young man at their RB position who is very shifty and once he’s to the edge or around you he’s gone and your not catching him.

In the south I’ll take San Marcos Academy and Pasadena. Controversial I know but I think SMA is peaking.

In the North I’ll take Lucas and Ft Worth Covenant classical

Covenant Classical is an extremely well coached and talented team. I don't know who else is out there in DII, but Covenant is my pick to win it all.

I haven’t seen any tape on Pasadena but everyone says they should be able to run on anybody. Is this a college running back they have in the backfield?

Covenant Fort Worth seems to be a pretty pass oriented team which could be trouble with bad weather, but it was good enough to win a state title last year in a different division.

Lucas Christian seems to be pretty balanced on offense. 45ed every team this year as well so hard to tell if they have any real competition.

Setting up for a fun couple of weeks here

I haven’t seen any tape on Pasadena but everyone says they should be able to run on anybody. Is this a college running back they have in the backfield?

Covenant Fort Worth seems to be a pretty pass oriented team which could be trouble with bad weather, but it was good enough to win a state title last year in a different division.

Lucas Christian seems to be pretty balanced on offense. 45ed every team this year as well so hard to tell if they have any real competition.

Setting up for a fun couple of weeks here
It would honestly be a shame for the kid to not go next level. I personally feel like he could. I’ve seen him live once this year and man the kid is special.

He does not have the size. Not many 140-150lb RB at the next level. He is extremely fast and hits the seam even faster. Pasadena does such a great job of blocking that it’s extremely hard to stop.

Last edited:
Who is this Abilene Christian team that dismantled Lucas Christian last Friday night? Never seen a word about them this year on this site. Rematch coming with Ft. Worth Covenant from the District 1 championship game earlier. Covenant is awfully talented and defending State Champion and really showed Abilene some weaknesses in their district game. So Abilene will have their hands full, no doubt. Hope it will be a good game.

Back