Pick Em

I'm just happy to see The Toy competing. With all the "what in the world" thoughts I've had looking at the rankings all year I was a bit worried it might tank, and it still might, but I'm happy with it sitting at 42-6, just outside the top 10, at this point.

Quick note about the pick 'em. It has been updated for this week, and everyone is good to start submitting their picks. No problems there.

However, when I processed The Toy's picks, silly me, I did it before I processed the rankings. So, those picks were processed using last week's ratings, which means they're all wrong. So, for now, the pick distribution page link has been hidden until I can get all The Toy's picks removed and re-processed. I'll have that done at some point this afternoon. Other than that, things are good to go!

Good luck y'all!

2021 Pickem.JPG2022 pickem quarterfinals - 6 games left.JPG

2021 Winner, SimplyPut, has a stronghold on the points differential record at 725. However, his 53-9 record could be in jeopardy with 6 games to go. I was on the bronze podium last year, hoping to make a run at the podium again.

Attachments

• 2021 Pickem.JPG
    2021 Pickem.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2022 pickem quarterfinals - 6 games left.JPG
    2022 pickem quarterfinals - 6 games left.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 16
Well, at least it looks like the toy should be able to beat its record from last year...just barely...if it doesn't get shut out the rest of this season.

Well, for the first time The Toy isn't even on the first page, sitting at #26. I'm still pretty happy with it as it's already done better than last year but, as always, I'll look at some tweaks here and there and see what happens. Who knows...maybe next year it's worse than ever. 😂

The Toy just barely got back on the first page. With all the problems and complaints with The Toy this year, I'm pretty happy with how it ended up in this year's pick 'em. A computer placing #21 out of 100+ humans who picked all (or almost all) the games...I'm happy with it. Please know that "happy" is not the same as "content". I'll still be spending hours upon hours testing, running numbers and tweaking the code where necessary.

Thank you to everyone who played this year. I think we had a great turnout and I'm already thinking of ways to make it better for next season.

Also, special shout out to @Coach_Watson for winning this thing this year, with a final pick 'em record of 55-7. Maybe you should be the one coding The Toy!

Again, thank you to everyone who played and congrats to those of you on top! Hope to see you all back again next season!

Back