Oops. Officials make mistake at UIL State

granger

Six-man expert
Founder
UIL State Cross Country Meet Results Updated

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX‹ The Southlake Carroll High School girls cross-country team are now the 2007 UIL cross-country state champions for conference 5A.

After an appeal was filed according to National Federation of State High School Associations cross-country rules, the results of the conference 5A girls team standings were overturned by the UIL meet jury of appeals on Monday due to a scoring error. According to this rule, corrections of clerical or team scoring errors may be corrected up to 48 hours after the end of the meet.

Southlake Carroll High School finished with 70 points and is the official state champion over Humble Kingwood High School who finished with 74 points.
The Kingwood girls cross-country team is the runner-up state champion in conference 5A.

All other results from the state cross-country meet will stand.

granger":3qmj7euq said:
UIL State Cross Country Meet Results Updated

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AUSTIN, TX‹ The Southlake Carroll High School girls cross-country team are now the 2007 UIL cross-country state champions for conference 5A.

After an appeal was filed according to National Federation of State High School Associations cross-country rules, the results of the conference 5A girls team standings were overturned by the UIL meet jury of appeals on Monday due to a scoring error. According to this rule, corrections of clerical or team scoring errors may be corrected up to 48 hours after the end of the meet.

Southlake Carroll High School finished with 70 points and is the official state champion over Humble Kingwood High School who finished with 74 points.
The Kingwood girls cross-country team is the runner-up state champion in conference 5A.

All other results from the state cross-country meet will stand.

So, did UIL catch this error before or after they handed Humble Kingwood the state championship trophy?

Boy, I sure wouldn't want the job of going over to them afterwards and ask for it back ...

Afterwards... from a year ago.

I also know this happened in wrestling one year... like the second year they had it...

granger":303s3qms said:
Afterwards... from a year ago.

I also know this happened in wrestling one year... like the second year they had it...

Oops. My bad.

And wrestling should NOT be a sport in Texas. Leave that for the kids from Iowa. Hey, by the way, I heard the other day that TAPPS had to rule on a violation of the inducement (ie "recruiting for athletic purposes") rule with a WRESTLING team. Now who is going to waste their time cheating and recruiting private school wrestlers in Texas?

If you're going to cheat and recruit, wouldn't you do it in an "important sport," like football, basketball, baseball or even softball/volleyball?

Lifegate

I got to disagree with you on wrestling. Wrestling in Texas is better than Iowa, Texas is the hot bed of recruting right now and our kids are going all over the U.S and winning. The only problem is that none of the Texas colleges have varsity programs but WTSU is going to start one in 2009. Wrestling would be great for kids that go to 6 man schools that don't like basketball and are looking for something to do. The best thing to ever happen was when it went UIL. I know that would be hard to have a team because there are 13 weight classes but I would rather have a sharp stick in my eye than watch basketball. :D

Back