One that got away...

In the end.. it is very very rare that it is actually the student going to his parents and demanding they move to another district. The kids love their coaches and like a stable world around them. They dont want to mix it up and start a whole deal. The parents are the ones that make the decision, often thinking it is the best interest of the child. Sometimes it truly might be. As long as I have known football, and the education system, which is a few years... this has existed and I am sure it will continue.

Caprock kid":1yg4r6gt said:
I'm not saying schools don't contact kids or parents to persuade them to go there. But if that part of Texas is as bad as you say then why move to San Angelo? Not much in that town either and he could of picked a better 6A team to go to. Just my thoughts.
C'mon Caprock, when was the last time you were in San Angelo? We got an IHOP and everything! :-) Think of it this way, coming from Ft. Davis it's like hitting the big time!

We lose a few here and there... most recently the Forrestburg spread back that moved to Bowie to play QB. It happens.. we cant be too hurt about it though when we still cant get college scouts to come to a game. It is still sad that some of the best players we have ever seen play in sixman often got little recognition

Longhorn- Don't disagree, but ultimately is the responsibility of the Coach to get the film and the details in front of the college, not the other way around- There are too many ways now with technology to get the film to the decision makers at the colleges- Those that don't are frankly doing their kids a disservice.

WV Backer":2o07dj6h said:
Caprock kid":2o07dj6h said:
I'm not saying schools don't contact kids or parents to persuade them to go there. But if that part of Texas is as bad as you say then why move to San Angelo? Not much in that town either and he could of picked a better 6A team to go to. Just my thoughts.
C'mon Caprock, when was the last time you were in San Angelo? We got an IHOP and everything! :-) Think of it this way, coming from Ft. Davis it's like hitting the big time!

I forgot about ihop lol. Is he really from Fort Davis? I thought he was from Richland.

I really thought someone would have zoned in on this fact before now. Rick the Dad went from Ft. Davis to Ft. Stockton to play his high school ball, it worked out pretty well for him so....

WV Backer":359y4rmf said:
The article says Ft. Davis. Richland Springs only made an appearance on this thread when OF&B stirred the pot a bit.

Oh I just figured the kid was from Richland..Not to say Ft. Davis doesn't have good players but I didn't think good enough to play at a 6A.

WV Backer":1udf9hxk said:
Caprock kid":1udf9hxk said:

I stayed there a few years ago at I believe a Rodeway Inn that had a In Door Pool. And an Ol' Mac Donald's not too far away. Big city when you live in a town of 800 or so. A drive through is a luxury.

oldfat&bald":1fe8uqek said:
WV Backer":1fe8uqek said:
The article says Ft. Davis. Richland Springs only made an appearance on this thread when OF&B stirred the pot a bit.

It ain't my fault! OBK started it.
th_2.gif

Back