One of the best games this season

WANTED24/7

11-man fan
If you didnt catch the Crowell vs. Follett game, then you missed a GREAT game! it was back and fourth the whole time, a real shoot out. It had its defensive moments, but the offense of both teams really shined. Im a fan of good defense but this game was very entertaining right down to the end. I honestly made the trip to Crowell to watch the wildcats QB Kody Knight, he was second team all state last year and despite the loses crowell has suffered i had been hearing what a good player he really is. I had also heard that QB Knight was backed up with a very talented running back Lex Bond. Now this wasnt my first trip to Crowell, iv been make a few of their games a season ever since they dropped to sixman. To my disappointment, Bond didnt play at all and Knight went out mid second quarter so i really thought Follett would come out and end the game strong and take the win easily, BOY WAS I WRONG. Crowell has the three other players that really stood out to me and really proved that they are players to keep an eye on. #14 Parsley, #42 Brown, #21 Moore. Parsley jumped right in and was a great threat, he knew when he needed to run and he took every opportunity to show off his gun slinging abilities! he had tons of great throws over the middle hitting his targets in stride, i was mostly impressed on how he dropped the ball on a dime on his deep throws, his recievers never needed to slow down! #21 Moore has hands and can jump out of the gym (so to speak), yes i noticed a few key drops from him but when the pressure was on he made the catches he needed to make to move his team down field. #42 Brown, if you wanna talk about speed, well this kid has every bit of it. He made some runs where he out ran the defender even when the defender had an enormous angle/lead. Not to mention scoring the game winning touchdown with 10 seconds left.

(PART 2)

Crowell has a lot of other players that deserve some talk. #75 Hopper or Harper, i dont really know, but he is a team leader if i have ever saw one. There was one point when follet was on Crowells one yard line and Harper/Hopper met their running back head up and it was like a car hitting a brick wall, ref called it a touchdown but im not so sure of that call. #19 Hogan was a defensive nightmare, no so much spead as one of the most reliable et of hands on the team. He will get down and dirty and block the biggest guys, but he thrives on the deep pass...saw this kid lay out and snag the ball with his finger tips near the end of the game to help crowell move down field. Not to mention he ended the game with an interception to keep follett from scoring in the final seconds. Now i cant wait to see Knight back healthy and Bond out there bruising and running the ball down defenses throats. In my opinion Crowell vs. Throckmorton will be another barn burner seeing as i havnt seen much defense from either team. Throcks running back #24 better come ready to play and show why he was all state last year if the greyhounds want to come away with a W. this game will decide who plays Ira in the first round and who wins the district title. Crowell has alot to prove that last year, even though they played in a really weak disrict that winning it wasnt a fluke. You better believe ill be at Dick Todd Field to watch this game friday night, you would be insane to miss it.

Back