On the move

What people dont understand is for coaches there are two types of contracts; one where the teaching is combined with coaching and one where they are separate. This means, with one type, if a coach is reassigned from coaching they can stay at the school in a teaching capacity only. The other is if they are removed from coaching at the end of the year, they are removed from the classroom as well. How do they gwt around all the teacher protections, simple. The person has ro agree to sign the contract. If you dont agree to signing that type of contract, you dont have to have the job. So, to dispute what the omniscient Mexican Englishman said, it is very easy to get rid of coaches when an admin wants you out, or the new admin is a puppet of the board and bows to the board bidding.

CoachJJ - That is correct. Every teacher's first year is a probationary contract, no matter how many years. After that first year, they can remove the "probationary" status and offer a "term" contract, for any number of years.

Texman301":qj1v7ux3 said:
What people dont understand is for coaches there are two types of contracts; one where the teaching is combined with coaching and one where they are separate. This means, with one type, if a coach is reassigned from coaching they can stay at the school in a teaching capacity only. The other is if they are removed from coaching at the end of the year, they are removed from the classroom as well. How do they gwt around all the teacher protections, simple. The person has ro agree to sign the contract. If you dont agree to signing that type of contract, you dont have to have the job. So, to dispute what the omniscient Mexican Englishman said, it is very easy to get rid of coaches when an admin wants you out, or the new admin is a puppet of the board and bows to the board bidding.
If you could see me I am playing my world's smallest violin for you.

Mexican Englishman":fz7afomf said:
First off, I did not know the Oakwood coach resigned, and don't really care. He is a coach that just relied on his players being more athletic than the other team. There is too many of these coaches in the sixman world. What I also get tired of, is coaches that get on here and potray themselves as victims, such as school board ran them off, admin ran them off, etc. When the truth is they see what they have coming up and decide to abandon ship. These are the ones that change jobs every 2-3 years and try to mislead people on this board. The truth is, it is very hard to get rid of a teacher/coach. Admin or school board can not just let one go because they do not like them. Teachers have way more protection than the average joe. Am I going to call these guys out? yes. Am I going to get on my knees like Mr. P for these guys? NO!

Speaking of calling people out, aren't you the head coach for Aquilla?

Trying to get this train back on the tracks....

Breaking:
Gordon hires Mike Reed as new AD/HC. Reed, a Gordon alum, is coming back into the 6-man world after a stint in 11-man as HC at Hamilton. In 4 years at Hamilton, Reed was 14-26, improving on win totals every year going 0-10, 3-7, 5-5, and 6-4 in 2017.

This is funny. I'm trying to get back in to 6 man after being gone for four years and I see what I consider silly stuff(being nice). I've left schools because I just was not happy. I've left schools because I was not going to be non-renewed. I've chased money. I miss 6 man and I am looking to go back. Also I was made interim head coach this last year. We have since found a new AD. I got the different direction speech on why I was not considered even though we made the playoffs. My new boss said he could not guarantee that I would be a head track coach despite the fact that over the last 3 years I have taken 4 kids to the state track meet and brought home 6 medals. I had girl thrower who set a new region one record in AA discus and its shorter than her school record of 151'4. A boy thrower who unofficially broke the AA state record with a throw 189'4. Sometimes you are just not wanted.

Leman Saunders":39uctuzd said:
Trying to get this train back on the tracks....

Breaking:
Gordon hires Mike Reed as new AD/HC. Reed, a Gordon alum, is coming back into the 6-man world after a stint in 11-man as HC at Hamilton. In 4 years at Hamilton, Reed was 14-26, improving on win totals every year going 0-10, 3-7, 5-5, and 6-4 in 2017.

That 8 mile rivalry game just got more interesting!!!

Best of luck to Coach Reed.

If a school becomes a "District of Innovation" they have the option to adopt a policy where the school can issue a probationary contract up to 3 years.

Wonder Dog":1riwxq4c said:
I don't have confirmation but I've heard Coolidge promoted Asst Coach/DC to AD/HD FB. Does anyone have confirmation?

^^^Non-factual^^^ - the statement quoted above is NOT true.

I was informed he is headed to Kress. From what I've heard he's one of the best DC's out there. If this is true, hell, Kress may be one of the surprise teams for 2018

Kramer":13y258df said:
Wonder Dog":13y258df said:
I don't have confirmation but I've heard Coolidge promoted Asst Coach/DC to AD/HD FB. Does anyone have confirmation?

^^^Non-factual^^^ - the statement quoted above is NOT true.

I was informed he is headed to Kress. From what I've heard he's one of the best DC's out there. If this is true, hell, Kress may be one of the surprise teams for 2018

Kramer,
I was the head coach at Kress this past year and I have to say you are on point with a lot of things. They have a lot of talent coming up from JH and the HS lost just one senior, so they should be a team “on the rise.” The community and the kids their are great and no doubt in my mind that they will be a dark horse next year. Best of luck to Coach Ware and staff because Kress is definitely going to be a force to reckon with for the foreseeable future.

Back