Observation on the Garden City "Good or Bad" • OPPs Revisted

justobserving

11-man fan
It looks as though Garden City has escaped the worst case scenario of 4-6 and will end up no worse than 6-4 but with that could still possibly wind up out of the playoffs.

Still some interesting football and situations left to navigate.

Oh - the happen stance of two pretty good athletes moving back to Garden City and joining the football team seems to have given the team a needed leg up.

thatwasclose.gif
There is no accounting for the Luck of the Draw and just having something like that happen.....
thatwasclose.gif

Most likely correct at this juncture - GC should pull one upset. Rankin just seems to be solid and a 34 point favorite over GC at this point. Borden County is a tough one ... BC is a 25 point favorite at this time. The other two should be gimmies ....

Losing the BC game is rather meaningless. If GC can beat Fort Davis and Sierra Blanca, they make the playoffs. FD is down, and SB is off the map.

6-4 still gets GC in. But if they can step up and beat BC - holy cow.

rainjacktx":1hy326lq said:
Losing the BC game is rather meaningless. If GC can beat Fort Davis and Sierra Blanca, they make the playoffs. FD is down, and SB is off the map.

6-4 still gets GC in. But if they can step up and beat BC - holy cow.

If GC wins the district they most likely get BC • if they come in second - most likely they get WV I believe.

BC game coming up is a highly important "mind game" for future reference so "meaningless" is probably not really accurate as far as the impact the outcome of the game might have.

I believe the only way they can lose to FD or SB is just not show up. They are almost assured of a playoff birth - one of the perks of being in a 5 team district ( weak district at that ).

This Friday night, I'm expecting a game every bit as good as the two classics from last year. Neither team is what they were last year, but both are contenders. Throw in the motivations of pride and revenge, and this should be a hard fought battle to the end.

smokeyjoe53":26ryjhne said:
SavannahSixManFan":26ryjhne said:
It's the district games that count, then the ones after that...
Here I thought it was the rankings that determined everything. Silly me.

The rankings exist for the sole purpose of giving me something to complain about.

rainjacktx":3avxw99q said:
smokeyjoe53":3avxw99q said:
SavannahSixManFan":3avxw99q said:
It's the district games that count, then the ones after that...
Here I thought it was the rankings that determined everything. Silly me.

The rankings exist for the sole purpose of giving me something to complain about.
From what I've seen, you don't need a reason. You complain more than a woman with PMS

Back