Oakwood Vs Buckholts

coachsatcher":1e590wma said:
hiscounsel":1e590wma said:
Sorry, Coach Satcher, didn't mean to spout off, but that talent remark really got to me. Our boys deserve credit for what they have and are achieving and how well they are doing.

Don't apologize. This is an open forum for you to give your opinion. Sometimes I wish I could. Win, lose or draw; our boys will continue to make the town of Buckholts proud. Seven wins in a row and none of our boys were inelgible at any point during the season. 13 made the honor roll; five of which had never made that distiction before this year. I'm proud of their accomplishments, on and off the field, and will put our overall program against any in the state.

Regardless of what the scoreboard will say this weekend ... or any weekend ... that's a record any coach, parent or school should celebrate and appreciate the effort of those young men.

david_rantala":2rwkk37i said:
My mistake forgot collidge. However Oakwood turned the ball over five times against jonesboro. and were only stopped twice the whole game. Im from Oakwood and went to both of oakwoods loses against milford and jonesboro and can honestly say Oakwood could have easily won both games had they not turned the ball over.

Buckholts also turned the ball over five times against Jonesboro. Three times inside the endzone and once on the three as the runner was going in the endzone. We learned from our losses and they made us what we are. Oakwood has a great team and deserve to be where they are. But so does Buckholts. Trust me, we'll know Saturday who wins the game. The boys will decide the outcome.

lifegatesports":1abclxc2 said:
coachsatcher":1abclxc2 said:
hiscounsel":1abclxc2 said:
Sorry, Coach Satcher, didn't mean to spout off, but that talent remark really got to me. Our boys deserve credit for what they have and are achieving and how well they are doing.

Don't apologize. This is an open forum for you to give your opinion. Sometimes I wish I could. Win, lose or draw; our boys will continue to make the town of Buckholts proud. Seven wins in a row and none of our boys were inelgible at any point during the season. 13 made the honor roll; five of which had never made that distiction before this year. I'm proud of their accomplishments, on and off the field, and will put our overall program against any in the state.

Regardless of what the scoreboard will say this weekend ... or any weekend ... that's a record any coach, parent or school should celebrate and appreciate the effort of those young men.

Thank you and I agree. I swear sometimes we all forget these are 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old young men who will leave our schools to accomplish greater things than football. I promise if we invest in the boys education; they will win even after they're outside the walls of our high school. It took me 17 years to push education first, but I'm thankful for the town of Buckholts for believing in my quest to put all my kids through college.

lifegatesports":3om0cbuf said:
coachsatcher":3om0cbuf said:
hiscounsel":3om0cbuf said:

Thank you and I agree. I swear sometimes we all forget these are 15, 16, 17 and 18 year old young men who will leave our schools to accomplish greater things than football. I promise if we invest in the boys education; they will win even after they're outside the walls of our high school. It took me 17 years to push education first, but I'm thankful for the town of Buckholts for believing in my quest to put all my kids through college.

Coach, we all appreciate all your efforts and are so blessed to have you in Buckholts. You are the embodiment of what a good coach should be.

You are the one that said it brother it's in black and white. Anyway water under the bridge. Y'all should have no prob this week, but next week ............

you cant just say i bet you million dollars and its set in stone. The other person has to at least agree verbally or write it or whatever. I know you read that post and You didnt respond because deep down you thought oakwood was going to beat milford and you didnt want to bet. just saying.

Like i said the only thing that worries me about buckholts is Oakwoods injuries. If we can make it threw this week like we should we will have time to recooperate before whoever the next game is. Leveratts chapel vs abbott. lol. Winner faces the winner of this game. I hate to say it but im thinking that abbott will probably win the east and face who knows in the west. Every team left in the west has the talent to make it to state. Im thinking that whoever wins the east will face a depleted and tired west winner and take that game. In short smart money is on abbott for state but im still hoping oakwood can pull it out.

2 and 8 will be playing this weekend as of now, still dont have #11 back he is still out with a concussion, and we have 2 of our starters out for a while do to ACL tears one has had surgery and recovering well and the other will be going into surgery shortly, but we are still doing good without them, they were a big loss but not big enough to throw a season away over. all i can say is there is going to be a great ballgame this weekend in bryan, ive seen oakwood play all season, know how they work and know what they are capible of doing, ive also seen buckholts play last week against aquilla one of the best games ive been to this year. they are a good team all the way around with some very good players, the QB and #12 make one heck of a team in the air, but i dont think they should be throwing that big fade around too much especially if 8 or 2 is in the backfield, but thats just me talking. i got oakwood by 16 gotta support my boys

I never thought y'all would win, I am surprised that y'all scored as much as y'all. You said that you don't make excuses but everytime y'all lose you talk about fumble or int that caused y'all to lose. Lucky teams are good and good teams are lucky.

You have already start making them for this week just in case y'all lose. We have had kids out this year but you never hard a word about it. Y'all are good just let kids play. It's easy to talk trash when you don't have to back it up your.
Just saying.

I'm hoping The Buck can hang,
but I've seen those Oakwood boys
hurdle the average tackler with regularity.

Woody by 45 or 46
whatever it takes.

hiscounsel":8cwrw354 said:
Coach, we all appreciate all your efforts and are so blessed to have you in Buckholts. You are the embodiment of what a good coach should be.
And he finally has a Supe and Prin that back him up!!
Cool.

Dogface":1twl1oc7 said:
hiscounsel":1twl1oc7 said:
And he finally has a Supe and Prin that back him up!!
Cool.

And a school board and community who has stood beside us to try and make a positive difference. It makes a huge difference when everyone is moving in the same direction.

It does not matter about any other teams that oakwood or buckholts beat by 45. This game will come down to who wants it the most. I think if buckholts can create some turnovers and step up a couple times on defense that they will beat Oakwood. It will be a good game but I have Buckholts by 8.

Tomorrow Oakwood vs Buckholts will be a good game.!!. Both teams will be there to play, neither one is gonna let up.. We'll just find out who wants it more.!!. But it shall be a very good game! I'm supportin Oakwood 10,000%.!!!.

Back